Connect iphone To TV: Want to watch videos, movies or play your favorite iOS games on your TV? Here are the 4 best techniques to display the content of your iPad or iPhone.
If you have an Android and want to connect it to your TV, then read our tutorial here !
How To Connect iphone To TV Wirelessly
Connect an iPhone to a TV via a Digital AV Lightning Adapter
The Digital Lightning AV Adapter (49 €) is the easiest way to connect your iPhone to your TV. Note that if you opt for this option, you will also need an HDMI cable, which you can find on Apple.fr and on Amazon.fr .
This adapter has an HDMI output for connection to the TV, a Lightning port to connect your iPhone / iPad and an input port to recharge your device at the same time.
Connect your iPhone to your TV in practice:
First of all, make sure your television has an HDMI output. Often televisions have several, you will see on the side or back: HDMI 1, HDMI 2, 3, 4, the choice of one or the other does not matter.
Connect your HDMI cable to the output you have chosen on your TV. Then, plug the other end to the Lightning adapter.
Connect the adapter to the port of your iPhone or iPad.
If you want to charge your device at the same time, then connect your cable to the input port of the adapter.
- Now turn on your TV, and using your remote control, select the HDMI output you chose in step 1.
- The home screen of your iPhone will appear on your TV. It may be that the image quality is less good, no worry, it does not last.
- You are ready! Select your video from your iPhone. Note that all video applications can be used, such as Netflix, Youtube, Dailymotion, France TV, 6play, myCANAL ….
- The home screen of your device now gives way to your video in HD (High Definition).
- If you are using an iPad, then the message “Connected TV” will be displayed.
- To get to the control center, slide your finger to the left and choose the video output that will display the desired content on your TV, for example: AirPlay.
Connect an iPhone to a TV via AirPlay
With the AirPlay function , you can also use the Apple TV , this time it is a connection between your iPhone / iPad to your wireless TV!
- To do this, you need to connect your Apple TV to your TV via an HDMI port and connect your smartphone and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Choose the appropriate entry and verify that its home screen is displayed.
- As soon as you are ready, follow these 5 steps:
- Launch a video, via Safari or any other video application.
- Display the control center of your iPhone. To do this, simply slide your finger up and down (a swipe up ) on your screen.
- On the first page of the control center, select Apple TV .
- Close the Control Center and press Play to watch your video.
- You will find the AirPlay function in the list of your applications.
Note that some video applications, such as myCANAL or ARTE, have their own AirPlay function. To watch ARTE for example, open its application, select Airplay , then Apple TV and voila!
Watch photos and videos on your TV
It is possible that, since an application or internet on the television, you can not watch streaming videos. Indeed, only developers determine the video applications that will be compatible with AirPlay.
To circumvent this, nothing is better than the so-called mirroring technique , it is a reproduction of the screen and all the content of your smartphone on your television.
- Go to the control center, select AirPlay , then Apple TV.
- To see all your photos and videos on your TV: Open the Photo app and tap Share. Choose photos by tapping on each one until a blue circle with a white arrow appears.
- Select AirPlay and press Apple TV , your photos will be displayed on your TV screen. To move from one photo to another, simply slide your finger to the left or right.
- It is also possible to scroll them automatically, like a slide show. Go back to Share , select your photos as before, tap Slideshow , and then tap Apple TV .
- Then, by selecting Transitions you can customize your slideshow.
- If you want to add music, unlock your screen and select the Music option.
Now, make your musical choice. To do this, choose the song, album or playlist, drag it, it will automatically appear the control center. Select AirPlay , then Apple TV , this is your photo slide show on a musical background is ready!
Apple AV Composite Cable
If you have a 30-pin iPhone or iPad (first generations of iPad, iPhone 4s …) then your best option is the composite AV cable. This cable works the same way as the Digital Lightning AV Adapter, explained above.
However, you will need composite video input (video signal) from your TV and not HDMI. Your videos must also be SD (Standard Definition) quality, HD is not compatible.