Turn off all sounds in Windows 10: Many users can never forget the sound of Windows XP when it starts. So much so that some have even put it on Windows 10. However, on the other side there are those who do not want to hear a sound. No notifications, no low battery warning, no login … none at all.
How to turn off all sounds in Windows 10
For them it is this small and simple guide that teaches how to deactivate all the sounds of Windows 10. A tutorial that will show us how we can silence absolutely all the default sounds of the Microsoft operating system from the configuration of the same and without any complications.
Silencing Windows 10 completely
- The first thing we must do is go to the configuration options of Windows 10.
- Just access Start and click on the Settings icon , the cogwheel shown below on the left, or simply start typing the first words of these options.
- Once in theWindows Configuration, we will access the options in the Customization section.
- Once this section is open, we should look at the column on the left side of the window and access the Topics subsection.
- As soon as you have accessed it, the next step will be to click on Sound, one of the four options that we will see.
At this point, we will have seen that Windows has opened a window with the heading Sound, which is obvious, it has an aspect of the Windows versions of yesteryear. The old interfaces survive, as we see.
Curiosities aside, here where we will take the last steps to deactivate all the sounds of Windows 10 with the aim of silence taking over our system. It will be exactly three clicks.
- Click on the dropdown that we will find under the heading Combination of sounds, as we can see in the screenshot, select the No sounds option and we will click on the OK button in this window.
- OK, all Windows sounds will be disabled.
To make sure that the silence is total, especially if we have been customizing the sound effects at some time, we will have to check in the previous window that the Play Windows start sound box is unchecked.
However, we can disable or even change specific sounds by navigating through the Program Events section . Sounds corresponding to events related to the operation of Windows and its programs, the presence of errors or the notification of different notifications.
Simply we must click on the reason that can emit a sound or not and below, in Sounds, select (None) if we do not want anything to sound or, if we want to reproduce any acoustic signal, select the one we want from the long list available.
To do this in Windows 7 or Windows 8, we must access the Control Panel, access the Hardware and Sound section and in the Sound section, click on the Change system sounds option.
Then we will open the same window of the last step of the procedure with Windows 10 and the steps to follow will be the same: select the option No sounds in the drop-down menu. Thus you can turn off all sounds in windows 10. If you have any issue comment us in the comment box.