A recently added feature in Google Lens allows the user to identify and copy handwritten text to the smartphone.
Do you know Google Lens? He is a camera assistant powered by AI (Artificial Intelligence) capable of performing many tasks using object identification with the smartphone’s camera, such as Internet searches, translation and much more.
Copying and Pasting Handwritten Notes With Google Lens
Google Lens is now also able to copy and paste your handwritten notes and paper memos to your computer to save time. In this article you will discover how to use this very useful feature.
Did you know that you can use Google Lens to quickly copy and paste text from notes and paper documents to your phone or computer? Now, thanks to a new update, you can also copy and paste from paper to your PC.
Requirements for using copy of notes with Google Lens
Below we list some points that you need to be aware of to start using Google Lens to copy your written notes:
- Make sure that the latest version of the Google Chrome browser is installed on your computer. To do this, just click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the browser, then on Help> About Google Chrome and install any updates that are available;
- Also make sure that the latest version of the Google Lens app is installed on your Android or iOS device;
- Last but not least, sign in to the app and Chrome using the same Google account.
Copying and pasting manuscript with Google Lens
Once you have everything set up and connected on both devices, follow the steps below to copy and paste your handwritten notes to your phone or computer.
1. Open the Google Lens app and “look” at the handwritten note using your smartphone’s camera.
2. Touch the text to select which parts you want to copy or choose “ Select all ” to select all the text in the note.
3. Tap “ copy to computer ” to quickly paste it to another device connected with Chrome.
This feature is very useful for quickly copying handwritten notes and pasting them on your laptop or computer. However, remember to write in legible handwriting!
The Google Lens AI system performs its function of copying and pasting handwritten notes much better when you write in a clear and understandable way. Lens uses AI to find out what you actually wrote, but unfortunately he is not a genius.
Have you tried using this feature of Google Lens? Let us know in the comments section below.