Usually, when you want to install an application on the Windows operating system, you have to find or download the master installer file. However, Windows 10 is now easier because you can install applications or software even though you don’t have a master installer file. You can more easily get applications by installing them from the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.
How to Install Applications from Microsoft Store Windows 10
Actually the Microsoft Store has been available since the presence of the Windows 8 operating system. However, at that time it was not good enough and the application was still few.
Finally, the Microsoft Store on Windows 8 is rarely used to install applications. Windows computer users prefer to install software or applications using the master installer file on the Desktop. However, the Microsoft Store continues to get improvements and additions to Windows 10 apps.
Applications contained in the Microsoft Store are applications in the form of UWP ( Universal Windows Platform ), not desktop-based applications. Apart from applications, the Microsoft Store also provides a variety of games that you can install and play on Windows 10 laptops.
Because not all applications and games already have the UWP format, so not all desktop applications and games are available on the Microsoft Store. So, if you need an application or game, please check the Microsoft Store then install it immediately if it is available.
How to Install Apps from the Microsoft Store Windows 10?
Like the previous explanation, not all desktop-based applications and games that you frequently use so far are available on Windows 10. This is because the applications available on the Microsoft Store have a special format, namely Universal Windows Platform (UWP). So, only applications and games that have the UWP format will be available on the Microsoft Store Windows 10.
If the application is available, then there are two types of software in the Microsoft Store. There are applications or games that you can get and install for free, and some are paid.
Free and Paid Apps on Microsoft Store Windows 10
Before you decide to install an application or game from the Microsoft Store Windows 10, first check whether the application is free or paid.
You can install free applications on the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 Laptop or Desktop PC. However, there are also free apps that you will need to subscribe to, for example Netflix, Joox, Adobe and others.
Meanwhile, if the application or game that you want to install turns out to be paid, you must pay first before you can install it. The types of payment for the application also vary, some are only paid once and some use a period of time, for example paying annually.
So, if you don’t want to spend money, then please find and install only free applications. There are already many free applications and games on the Microsoft Store and can support your productivity.
Installing Apps and Games from the Microsoft Store Windows 10
Before using the Microsoft Store, you should already have an account and be signed in with a Microsoft account on Windows 10. This is necessary so that the data on your Windows 10 Laptop can be synchronized. After that, you can follow the steps below to install applications and games from the Microsoft Store Windows 10.
- Please open the Microsoft Store application which is available by default when you install Windows 10.
- You can do this by clicking the store icon on the taskbar. Or, if the Microsoft Store icon is not on the taskbar, then please look for it in the Start menu.
- Please click the Start button, then do a search with the keyword “Microsoft store”.
- In the search results, please click the Microsoft Store to open it.
- After the Microsoft Store window opens, a number of recommendations for popular apps and games from various categories will appear. You can directly select applications from the main Microsoft Store page or choose by category.
- But, if you don’t find the application or game you want to install, then please do a search. Please click the Search button then enter your application or game search keywords.
- After that, some quick search results will appear, please click if the application or game you are looking for has appeared.
- Furthermore, if the application is free then you can install it immediately. Please click Get to install the application directly from the Microsoft Store.
After that the download process will take place and will automatically proceed to the install process. So, please wait until the download and install process of the application on the Microsoft Store is complete.
When finished, then you can immediately run the application or game by clicking Launch.
You can also find these applications through the Start menu found in Windows 10. If you use them frequently, then please add them to the taskbar to make it easier to open them.
Please do the same steps to install any application or game available on the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 Laptop.
That’s an easy way to install applications and games from the Microsoft Store Windows 10. By using the method above, you can more easily install applications and games on Windows 10. However, because you have to download directly, you should use an Unlimited WiFi connection and not data. cellular.