The screenshot feature is now available on almost all modern Android smartphones. Each Android smartphone manufacturer company always inserts a screenshot feature on its smartphone.
With screenshots, users can share information quickly and conveniently. Therefore, it is very important to know how to take screenshots on the Android that you are using.
How to Take Screenshots on Android
Each Android smartphone has its own way and method of taking screenshots or screenshots. Android smartphone manufacturers should provide an easy and convenient way for users to take screenshots.
As the development of various kinds of Android smartphones, how to take screenshots has also developed. Now there are lots of ways to take screenshots on Android.
Here are 9 ways to take screenshots on Android quickly and easily.
1 Power + Volume Down button (Xiaomi)
The first way to take screenshots on Android smartphone is to use a combination of physical buttons, namely the power button and volume down button.
This method is available specifically for Android smartphones with the Xiaomi brand. Almost all types and types of Xiaomi Android smartphones can use this method to take screenshots.
Even so, there are still some Android smartphones with other brands that can use the power + volume down button to take screenshots.
Here’s a tutorial on how to take screenshots using the power + volume down button combination.
- Prepare the page you want to take a screenshot of.
- Press the power button and volume down (-) simultaneously.
- The screenshot will be taken automatically.
If the two buttons are not pressed together perfectly, the screenshot will not be taken.
Maybe you need to try a few times first until you get used to taking screenshots on Android using this method.
2 Power + Home button (Samsung and ASUS)
This method can only be used by Android smartphones with the Samsung and ASUS brands that still use the home button at the top of the screen. Because usually, modern Android smartphones now have a home button that integrates with the screen.
Here’s how to take a screenshot with the power + home button.
- Specify the page or screen display to take the screenshot.
- Press the power and home buttons simultaneously.
- The screenshot is taken automatically.
Just like the first method, make sure you press these two buttons at the same time so that the screenshot is actually taken.
3 Recent Menu button
This method can be done on several Android smartphone brands such as Xiaomi and ASUS. However, unlike the first and second methods which can be used immediately, this method needs to be activated first in the smartphone settings.
Here’s a tutorial on how to activate the recent menu button for screenshots and how to take screenshots using the recent menu in Xiaomi.
- Go to Settings> Additional settings> Key and gesture shortcuts> Take screenshot> select the Long press Menu key option.
- Select the area you want to screenshot.
- Long press the recent menu button for about 1-2 seconds.
- A screenshot is automatically taken when the smartphone vibrates and the screen flashes.
This method is much more practical and comfortable than using a combination of physical keys.
4 3 Finger Gestures
As technology develops, now how to take screenshots can use hand gestures. The Xiaomi brand Android smartphone is an example of a smartphone that has this capability.
However, you need to adjust your smartphone settings first so you can use 3 finger gestures to take screenshots.
Here’s a tutorial on how to take screenshots using 3 finger gestures on Xiaomi.
- Go to Settings> Additional settings> Key and gesture shortcuts> Take screenshot> select the Swipe down with 3 fingers option.
- Find the area you want to screenshot.
- Slide the screen using 3 fingers from top to bottom.
5 Notification Bar
Almost all Android smartphones now provide a screenshot button in the notification bar. To access the notification bar, just drag the notification bar from the top of the screen.
Here’s how to take a screenshot using the screenshot button in the notification bar.
- Drag the notification bar from the top.
- Look for the screenshot button, which is usually a scissors symbol.
- Press the screenshot button.
6 Quick Ball (Xiaomi)
The Xiaomi Android smartphone has a feature called the Quick Ball or Shortcut Ball. In short, this feature is almost the same as the Assistive Touch feature available on iOS smartphones.
In Quick Ball, there is a quick access button for taking screenshots. By default, Quick Ball is not activated.
Here’s how to activate the Quick Ball and how to take a screenshot using the Quick Ball on Xiaomi.
- Go to Settings> Explore new features> Shortcut ball> Turn on shortcut ball. If there is no option to explore new features, you can search for “shortcut balls” without the quotes in the search box.
- The aspherical floating widget will appear.
- Tap the Quick Ball widget
- Press the screenshot button in the form of a scissors symbol.
But, keep in mind that Quick Ball is a special feature of Xiaomi smartphones, so Quick Ball won’t be available on other brands of Android smartphones.
7 Assistive Touch for Android
Since the Quick Ball is only available specifically for Xiaomi smartphones, the Quick Ball will not be available on other Android smartphones. However, you can still get a similar feature by using an additional application called Assistive Touch for Android.
After Assistive Touch for Android is installed, a new floating widget will appear. The display of the floating widget and the contents of Assistive Touch for Android is almost the same as the iOS version of Quick Ball and Assistive Touch.
By default, the screenshot feature is not enabled on Assistive Touch. So, you need to replace one of the quick accesses in Assistive Touch with the screenshot feature.
Here’s how to activate and take screenshots using Assistive Touch on all Android smartphones.
- Open the Assistive Touch application.
- Turn on the Assistive Touch option.
- Open the special menu.
- Replace one of the quick accesses with the Screenshot button.
- Now, open the floating Assistive Touch widget.
- Look for the screenshot button that was set earlier and press the button.
- Then Assistive Touch will automatically take a screenshot on the screen that is being displayed.
Apart from having a screenshot feature, this application also has other features and quick access.
8 Screenshot button on Screen
To bring up the screenshot button on the screen in the form of a floating widget, an additional screenshot application from a third party is required.
You can download one of the many screenshot applications available on the Google Play Store.
Here’s how to take screenshots using the Screenshot Easy application.
- Download the Screenshot Easy application first.
- Open the Screenshot Easy application.
- Turn on the Icon Overlay option.
- Press the Start Capture button.
- A screenshot button will appear in the form of a floating widget with a blue camera like the Screenshot Easy application symbol.
- Determine the area to take the screenshot.
- Press the screenshot button and the screenshot is automatically taken.
9 Screenshot with Timer
And how to take screenshots on the last Android smartphone is with a timer. You need an additional screenshot application that has a timer feature. One of them is the Screenshot Easy application.
Here’s how to take a screenshot with a timer using Screenshot Easy.
- Open the Screenshot Easy application
- Open the settings by pressing the button with the cleat symbol at the top.
- Turn on the Show countdown option and slide the Timeout slide to set the timer.
- Press the Start Capture button.
- Now, specify the area to be a screenshot.
- Take screenshots in the way specified in the Screenshot Easy application.
- An automatic countdown timer will appear and a screenshot will be taken automatically.
Those are the 9 ways to take screenshots on Android. By knowing the various ways to take screenshots on Android, now you can choose which method is the most convenient and which you will use.