The Instagram comment poll feature is a new feature that is being tested by Instagram. This feature allows users to create polls or polls in the comments section of their posts, both in the feed and in Reels. It’s actually similar to the poll feature that already exists in Stories, which can be added as a sticker.
Instagram Comment Poll Feature: What Is It and How to Use It?
Purpose of Instagram comment poll feature
- Get feedback from followers about a product, service, or content
- Knowing followers’ preferences or opinions about a topic or issue
- Make content more interesting and interactive
- Increase follower engagement and loyalty
How to Use the Instagram Comment Poll Feature
To use Instagram’s comment poll feature, you need to follow these steps:
- Create a post in your feed or Reels as usual, and make sure you enable the option to accept comments.
- In the comments section of your post, tap the poll icon which is a circle with two choices inside.
- Write down the question and the two answer choices you want. You can also add emojis or stickers to make the poll more interesting.
- Tap send to share your poll in the comments of your post.
- Other users who see your post can vote on your poll by tapping one of the answer options. You can see real-time poll results in the comments section of your post.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Instagram Comment Poll Feature
The Instagram comment poll feature has several advantages and disadvantages, including:
- This feature can increase user interaction and engagement with your content, as they can feel more involved and valued by voting.
- This feature can help you get useful information from your followers, such as preferences, opinions, feedback or suggestions.
- This feature can make your content more interesting and varied because you can add poll elements that suit the theme or purpose of your post.
- This feature is still in the testing phase and is not yet available to all users. Only a select few users can access this feature currently.
- This feature has a time limit for receiving votes, which is not yet known how long. This is different from the poll feature on Twitter, which can be adjusted in time.
- This feature may not be suitable for all content types or audiences. Some users may be annoyed or uninterested by polls in the comments section.
The Instagram comment poll feature is a new feature being trialed by Instagram, which allows users to create polls in the comments section of their posts.