Install Fortnite Season 4 on Android: In case you haven’t noticed, Fortnite has disappeared from the iOS and Android app stores, and it may not return for a long time. Epic is suing both Apple and Google over the restrictive terms of their app stores, and it doesn’t look like this Battle Royale will end anytime soon.
While the game still works for anyone who previously downloaded it, if you are using the old version you are stuck on Chapter 2 Season 3, unable to see updates such as the introduction of Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Doom and the whole Marvel world. But while iPhone users are out of luck, Android isn’t completely out of the question.
How to Install Fortnite Season 4 on Android
Samsung runs its own Galaxy App Store alongside the Play Store, being able to bypass Google’s rules. Although Fortnite is not technically available, we find the new Epic Games Store, where you can download and install the game as before.
But even if you don’t have a Samsung smartphone, you can still get the latest Fortnite update when it arrives. Since Google allows side-loading of apps on its phones, Epic can still offer Fortnite for download. Here’s how to get it:
- Visit https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/mobile/android/get-started on your Android phone.
- Tap the Epic Games app link.
- We tap OK when we are told that this type of file can damage the device and we are asked if we want to keep FortniteInstaller-4.1.3.apk on the phone.
- Tap Open when the download is complete.
- We go to Settings when the Chrome request appears regarding the installation of unknown apps.
- Click on ” Allow from source “.
- Tap on the back arrow.
- Install when prompted.
- Open when done.
- We click on the Fortnite image.
- Tap Install.
That’s all. Once the installation is complete, you will have Fortnite on your phone like any other game and will be able to log into your account and purchase V-Bucks at the new reduced rate.
Please note that since you are bypassing the Play Store, you will not receive the protection offered by Google. As long as you follow these steps you should rest assured, but be careful to download anything that claims to be a Fortnite or Epic app and isn’t offered directly from the developer’s site.