Currently, many gamers use the PlaysStation (PS) 4 controller to play PC games on Windows 10. Sony’s DualShock 4 controller for the PS4 is a gamepad that’s responsive and comfortable to use. And fortunately this controller can also be used on Windows PC.
How to Use PS 4 Stick on Windows 10
This means you don’t need a PS4 just to be able to experience playing games using DualShock4, all you need is a controller, a PC running Windows OS and a regular USB cable.
However, you also need additional software to be able to run the DualShock 4 on a PC or you can also use it wirelessly via Bluetooth, of course your PC must be equipped with built-in Bluetooth or wireless like most modern laptops, or use the Sony PlayStation 4 DualShock USB Wireless Adapter.
Therefore, in this tutorial, Asaljeplak will explain the two methods, namely using the DualShock4 controller on a PC via a USB cable and via Bluetooth or wireless.
The tools that must be prepared are:
- PC or Laptop that has Windows 10 installed, as well as the Netframework 4.5 and above application and Xbox 360 Driver.
- PS4 (DS4) + USB stick
- Bluetooth Dongle version 2 and above
- Windows D24 application
Next, we will enter the installation stage, where the steps are as follows:
- First of all, install or install the D24 Windows application, preferably using the latest version.
- Then if it is installed, then run it, and enter the Settings menu.
- After that go to the Controller Driver Setup menu.
- Then follow the step by step installation of the PS4 Controller
- Connect the PS 4 stick using a cable from the MINI USB to USB.
- If it has been plugged in, it will be read in the D24 Windows application.
- After everything is connected, then set the PS4 stick on the games you are going to play.
The PS 4 stick can be adjusted according to your taste and according to the needs of the games you are going to play.
This PS4 stick can also be set as wireless or wireless. To connect a PS4 stick so you can connect wirelessly, the way is to install the Bluetooth dongle that was prepared earlier.
- Enter the Bluetooth menu, then go to the control panel and make sure Bluetooth is installed.
- Then click add Bluetooth device. Then select Blootooth. While searching, press the On and Share buttons on your PS4 stick at the same time. Until the lights flickered.
- Then select the one that appeared in the Add Device settings earlier, if you ask for a pin input, enter the pin 0000 then click Connect. Now your PS4 Stick is connected wirelessly.
- Check the D24 Windows application to make sure your PS4 stick is connected wirelessly.
- After everything is connected, then set the PS4 stick on the games you are going to play. The PS4 stick can be adjusted according to your taste and according to the needs of the games you are going to play.
This PS4 controller is widely used by gamers to play games on PC because it is in great demand in its analog part, especially when a game requires us to use a lot of diagonal movements to do a combo or trick against enemies, for example the Sport or Action genre game.
Hopefully, the method given above to use the PS4 stick on your Windows 10 PC has been successful.