Import a MYSQL Database: If you are a regular visitor to this blog, you will notice that for some time now, I have started talking more and more about server management.
In this article, I will tell you about 2 methods to import a very large database.
Usually, for the transfer of a database from one server to another, I connect to PhpMyAdmin, I export the file from the first server to my computer, finally on the second server, I import it. It worked wonders with 2.5, 7 MB, etc. databases.
2 Methods to Import a MYSQL Database
Recently, I had to import a database of almost 150MB, and the above method was unsuccessful, I spent a sleepless night searching and finally I found two methods to import a database large data:
- Importing a DB with the console,
- Import of a DB with the BigDump script.
For both methods, you should first create a database and write down the comic book name, user name and password.
How to import a large DB sql with the console
To import a database via SSH with the console, you must first upload the .sql file to the server, then connect to the server with PuTTY, and execute the following command:
mysql -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD DATABASE <file.sql
- USERNAME by comic book user name
- PASSWORD by password
- DATABASE by the name of the comic strip
- sql by the name of your sql file.
Note: You must go to the directory where you uploaded the database and finally execute the command.
How to import a database with the BigDump script
- Download the BigDump script here, decompress it with WinRar for example.
- Open the BigDump.php file with a text editor and complete the following information:
- $ db_server = ‘localhost’; // server address
- $ db_name = ”; // name of the comic
- $ db_username = ”; // username
- $ db_password = ”; // password
- Upload the BigDump.php file to the same directory as the sql file. And access the BigDump with a browser (ex: http://monsite.com/bigdump.php).
- Click on “Import” to start the import
If you have any issues importing the database, comment us in the comment box.