If you want to activate Adobe Flash to watch HBO in your Chrome browser, go to the official HBO page and click on the padlock to go to the site settings.
Among the available options, search for “Flash”, press the drop-down list and click on “Allow”. If this option does not appear in the browser, it is because it is no longer available. The other alternative to use is to download and use an emulator to watch the content on HBO.
How to Activate Adobe Flash to Watch HBO
This platform has established itself as one of the favorites among users for its wide variety of films, series, documentaries, etc.
HBO is available in Latin America, Europe and the United States. To view all your programming from your computer, you must have Adobe Flash activated.
Therefore, the methods available to activate this component and not have interruptions during playback are detailed.
From Google Chrome
If you regularly use the Google Chrome browser, you have two methods to activate Adobe Flash and it consists of entering the settings of the HBO website or downloading an emulator that performs its function. Both procedures will be detailed in the following sections.
Through website settings
To activate Adobe Flash from the website settings, you just have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter HBO through this link.
- Click on the lock icon that appears to the left of the URL.
- Select ” Site Settings .”
- Look for the ” Flash ” option.
- Click on the drop-down list and choose ” Allow “.
- Now, upload the content you want to see on HBO.
Note: This procedure works for both Google Chrome and Opera, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. However, it should be mentioned that the options will have slight variations due to the differences in the interface.
Using an emulator
Ruffle is a Flash Player emulator written in Rust. It is easy to install and will detect the Flash content that appears on a page. To use this tool from Chrome, you just have to perform these steps:
- Download Ruffle through this link https://ruffle.rs/#downloads. Choose the file that is compatible with your Operating System.
- Unzip the .zip file.
- Open Chrome and press the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Choose ” More tools> Extensions “.
- Activate Developer Moded.
- Click on ” Load unzipped ” and click on the folder where the Ruffle extension is located . You can also drag the file and drop it onto the page.
- Go back to HBO and reload the page to play the content.
If you use Mozilla Firefox, you can activate using an emulator or from the website settings. For the first option, you just have to do the following:
- Type in the navigation bar ” about: debugging “. This will give access to a hidden area of Firefox in which the extensions can be added manually.
- Click on ” This Firefox “.
- Press ” Load temporary plugin … “.
- Next, load the extension folder that you must unzip once you download the file.
The options mentioned above are the most common to fulfill the objective of activating this component. However, another available method is to click on the puzzle icon and view the request to run Adobe Flash. Then grant the necessary permissions and reload the page for the changes to take effect.
Adobe announced that it would disable the Flash Player plug-in this year, therefore many browsers may remove the plug-in from their settings in their next updates.
Similarly, if for some reason the content does not play on HBO due to problems with Adobe Flash, it is most likely that it has been disabled in the browser you are using . For now, the browsers that remain compatible with Adobe Flash are Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge.
Although most HBO content playback problems are caused by a bug or problem with Adobe Flash, check that you have a stable Internet connection.
Also, verify that you are up to date with the membership payment in order to enjoy all the available content in a fluid way and without any type of interruption.
The process to activate Adobe Flash to watch HBO is quick and easy if you follow the steps previously mentioned. In this way, you will not have interruptions when playing the content of your choice within the platform.