Defrag Hard Disk: Defraging the hard disk on your PC is one way to maintain and optimize the performance of your PC. Most users are not too concerned or even ignore the PC defrag process. As a result, your PC’s performance will be slow and even that can affect the speed of the internet received via WiFi or HP data packages.
For those of you who are still lay or novice in using a PC, no need to worry. Because how to defragment the hard disk is not difficult and you can follow for those of you who are still beginners .
Hard Disk Defrag Function
As explained above that by defragmenting the hard disk, you have taken one step in combating and optimizing PC performance. It is undeniable that the PC can decrease its performance over the duration of use. Daily activities on a PC such as creating documents, deleting documents, moving document files, and installing and uninstalling programs can make these files move their locations on the hard disk.
In other words, the file becomes fragmented, so when you want to use a program to do its job, the computer will look for the file needed.
Now by doing defrag, the file will return to its original place. So that PC performance can be as stable as it used to be.
How to Defrag Hard Disk in all windows
For those of you who want to feel the optimal results from the disk defrag, then you can follow the steps below.
- The first step is to delete all files that are no longer needed, this will speed up the defrag process and optimize overall PC performance
- Open all your browsers, then clear the history and cache on your PC.
- Delete all junk files in the Recycle Bin or clear all contents of the Recycle Bin
- Use the Disk Cleanup feature available in Windows to delete unneeded files. The trick is to click Start > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
- Fix disk errors and other problems using the disk check application (Chkdsk)
- Back up the system by creating a System Restore Point first using Windows System
- Tools before defragging. The trick is to click Start > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore .
- Then Determine the Windows Pagefile by clicking Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced . After that, click the Performance tab > Settings . In the Virtual memory section , click Change . Select the NO button for the paging file option , then click Set .
After completing all the steps above, close all running programs and disconnect from the internet connection so that there is no automatic update from any application. Then, run the disk defragmenter application available on your respective Windows. The trick is to click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter . Then select the drive that you want to defrag, then click Ok.
The final word
That’s the step to defragment the hard disk that is on your PC both in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 . Hopefully the above methods can overcome the problems that occur on your PC.