When you visit a website, the site in question creates a file to store a small amount of information or data in the browser, so that when you visit this page again, it identifies you and you can access it more quickly and comfortable according to your preferences from previous visits. Stay and learn here how to delete cookies from your mobile.
Delete Cookies From Mobile With Android System Step By Step
You have heard a lot about the word ” cookies “, but often we do not know what they do or what they really are in computing.
The information or data that is created in the file are called cookies, and you must be careful with these as they are not as harmless as they seem. Now we will talk about everything related to these files in browsers for mobile phones and computers.
Why is it to periodically delete browser cookies on Android?
In principle, mobile cookies should not damage the user experience when browsing the Internet, create complications or negative consequences for the device and the user’s safety. For example, they may offer or sell users ‘personal information to various sites without users’ knowledge.
They also saturate browsers, making them slower because they have to download more information than they ask for and, ultimately, can reduce the battery life of mobile devices.
Are cookies a real threat to people’s privacy?
The question that arises is whether cookies are functional or a threat to our security and identity. The answer to this question is definitely yes, they pose a threat to our privacy on the Internet.
Through them, reports are received in which they can receive our address, email, age, telephone number and all data that can be used to track behavior or commercial and advertising preferences.
They are also used to track religion, politics, morals, preferences and more; They can also have our photos, access our publications on social networks and make them their own, or hack them and send a different message than the original we made on other profiles.
All these reports are transmitted or sold by the websites that we visit to people or companies engaged in commercial, political or other activities.
In 2012, a ” cookies ” clause was introduced in Europe, which indicates that while browsing there should be a pop-up window informing us that cookies will be installed, but we will be asked for our consent. Although this European law does exist, it does not always apply, so you need to be careful as deleting these spyware files from your browsers permanently is what you should do.
Steps to delete cookies from the Android mobile
Mobile phones are not exempt from setting cookies in browsers that are used every day. Therefore, we want to show you the steps you must follow to erase cookies from your mobile and provide the best protection and performance for your battery; We focus our analysis on the most important browsers that exist today:
1. En Mozilla
If the browser you use is Mozilla, to erase the mobile cookies of a specific site, you need to do this job:
- With your browser open, click on the ” Menu ” option
- Select ” options “
- Now choose the panel ” Privacy and security “
- Click on ” Cookies and site data “
- Now a window will open in which you must select ” Manage data … “
- Write in the ” Search websites ” field the name of the site from which you want to delete cookies, and all those corresponding to your site will appear
- Select ” Delete all “
- Click the ” Save Changes ” button
- At this point, you will see a confirmation window ” Delete cookies and site data: “
- And finally click ” OK “
If you want to delete all cookies from all the sites you have visited, the steps are as follows:
- Click the ” Menu ” button in an open browser
- Now click on ” Options “
- Choose ” Privacy and security
- Select the option ” Clear data … “
- Check both options under ” Cookies and site data ” and ” Cached web content “
- Finally click on the ” Clean ” button
2. An Edge
To delete cookies from the mobile that was installed without our consent in Microsoft Edge, follow the procedure below:
- Go to the ” More ” section
- You must click on ” Settings “
- At this stage, select ” Clear browsing data “
- Now you must select ” Choose what to delete “
- Select the type of data you want to delete in the field
- Then, you must choose ” Delete “
If you do not want to perform this task periodically, the system will do it automatically. To do this, you must do the following:
- Change the setting to ” Always delete this data when closing the browser “
- Select ” Enabled “
3. In chrome
When you have the Chrome browser installed, Google establishes the following steps as the procedure for removing cookies:
- Open the browser
- In the upper right corner, click on the ” More ” option: three vertical dots
- Select the option ” More tools “
- Click on the part where it says ” Clear browsing data “
- Select the time interval you want to delete, or if you want to delete all the data, select the option ” All periods “
- Check the boxes ” Cookies and other site data ” and ” Cached files and images “
- Finally, click on ” Clear data “
If you want to delete cookies by default, you have to choose the following steps after the configuration option:
- Click on ” Advanced Settings “
- Select ” Site Settings “
- Y posteriormente “Cookie“
- At this point, you must deactivate the option ” Allow websites to save and use cookie data “
4. In Opera
When you use Opera as a browser on your phone and you want to delete cookies from your mobile, you have to proceed as follows:
- Click on ” Menu “
- Then select ” Tools “
- Select ” Delete personal information “
- Choose the option ” Detailed options “
- Choose the option ” Remove all traces “
- In this step, you have to select if you want to delete only the cookies or all the personal data that you have in these options. Assuming you only want to delete “cookies”, you should uncheck the other privacy options.
- Then click on the ” Delete ” button.