Deleting an iCloud account is a very simple process that will only take a few minutes. Your iCloud account offers you excellent benefits if you have it synchronized with your iPhone, you can save backup copies of your phone’s files and its applications or you can track your device if you have lost it.
Those are just some of the iCloud features, but for some reason you might want to delete the iCloud account from an iPhone and you don’t need to worry as it can be done and the process is very simple. In this article, we will explain how to disable or remove the iCloud account from an iPhone easily.
How to delete iCloud account from iPhone
If you want to deactivate or remove the iCloud account from an iPhone you do not have to worry, it is a fairly simple process, for this you just have to follow the following instructions:
- Go to the Settings of your iPhone and access the section corresponding to iCloud.
- Go to the bottom of the window and press the button Sign out
- A pop-up box will appear telling you that when you log out of your iCloud account, all files from “Streaming Photos and iCloud Drive” that are stored in iCloud will be deleted from your iphone. Confirm that you want to delete the account from your iPhone by pressing Sign out
- A pop-up box will appear asking for your iCloud password. Enter it and the iCloud account will already be deleted. Without this password you will not be able to disable the account, therefore you will have to recover your password and change it to one that you remember better.
Clever! It’s that simple you have deactivated or deleted the iCloud account from your iPhone.
Delete iCloud account from computer
Another way to delete an iCloud account is to do it from your computer. To do this, you must follow the steps indicated:
- Type the following address in the browser bar: https://appleid.apple.com/
- Enter your access data: email account linked to the profile ID and password
- The system will request the answer to two security questions that were configured when creating the account. When you answer them you will access the user area
- Access provisional support PIN> Generate PIN and save the code you have received
- Call 900 812 703 to contact Support, who will ask for your PIN number. You can then request the cancellation of your account
Delete iCloud account without password
If you do not remember the password to access your iCloud account, you must follow the steps indicated to be able to reset it:
- Go to the address https://appleid.apple.com/ and select the option Forgot your Apple ID or password?
- Write your ID and click on Continue
- Check the option I want to reset my password> Continue
- Choose the option by which you want to unlock your account: you can receive an email with instructions or answer a security question
- You will receive a link indicating the message Reset now
- Write a new password and click on Reset
From this point you can follow the steps above to delete your iCloud account.
What does deleting my iCloud account entail?
You must bear in mind that, deleting the iCloud account entails not having access to many Apple services such as iTunes Store, Apple Books, App Store among others. In addition, other data such as photos that were stored in the account, subscriptions or scheduled appointments will be lost.
For this reason, it is convenient, before deleting the iCloud account, to make a backup copy of all the data that you need to keep.