How to Disable Cortana in Windows 10 – Cortana is a cloud-based virtual system. This feature is present in Windows 10 exclusively. The Cortana system has the ability to perform certain functions on the system. For example, changing the computer wallpaper, getting information, searching for an application, setting a schedule or as a reminder, and so on.
2 Ways to Disable Cortana in Windows 10
We can’t even use it when we want to ask certain questions. Maybe you are one of those people who are in the conservative group and are more comfortable doing everything yourself, choosing not to use the Cortana system also raises several questions, perhaps one of which is, “Can you just delete Cortana? ” or “How to disable Cortana on Windows 10 Smartphone?”
This question is the most frequently asked question by many Windows 10 users on several internet forums. There will definitely be only one soul and from many questions like this, namely, Cortana is an integrated part of Windows 10 that cannot be removed. For this reason, here we will explain several ways to close, disable or turn off Cortana on Windows 10.
Here we will explain how to turn off or disable Cortana in two ways, namely through computer configuration and through Windows settings.
1. How to disable Cortana via computer configuration
Computer Configuration is a Windows window whose function is to change the default settings on the system.
The following is how to turn off Cortana via Computer Configuration:
- In the Windows search column, please type ” gpedit.msc “, then click OK.
- Next, a new window will open. Please go to the directory: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search.
- Check on the right side. There will be an Allow Cortana menu. Right-click, then click Edit.
- Change the setting from “ Not Configured ” to “ Disabled ”. Then click Apply, then click OK.
If everything is done, first restart the computer system as usual, to apply the results of these settings. In this way, Cortana will automatically become deactivated.
2. How to disable Cortana via Windows settings
Being able to manage all the activities needed by users in Windows 10 is one of Cortana’s many features. So, we can stop setting these activities. In this way, Cortana will become inactive. Here’s how:
- Click Start, then click the Settings logo.
- There is a Cortana menu in the settings window, please click to open it,
- Next, click Permissions & History on the left of the menu.
- Masuk ke dalam menu Manage the information Cortana can access from the device.
- Next, change all the Permissions settings there, from the previous ” ON ” to ” OFF “.
- And finally, click the back button. Please click Sign Out.
Well, now Cortana on your computer is in deep sleep, in other words, in an inactive position. Just like before, after setting Windows Settings, it is better to restart the computer so that the effect can be felt.
That’s how to disable Cortana in Windows 10. Hopefully, this information is useful.