To download very heavy data such as complete films, series or software, we often go through torrents sites. In this article, I show you how to download a movie with uTorrent , but also a series, a software, an ebook or any other type of torrent file.
.torrent is the file extension used by BitTorrent technology which is a peer-to-peer (P2P) data transfer protocol over a computer network. The protocol was conceived in April 2001.
Steps to Download a Torrent Easily with a Torrent Client
1. Download a BitTorrent client
To download a file on torrents sites, you must have a BitTorrent client software on your computer, there are several free torrent client software, the best known are μTorrent and BitTorrent (which is named after the protocol).
2. Download a Torrent File from a Torrents Site
Once you already have BitTorrent software on your PC, now you need to download torrents, there are several thousand directory sites for torrents including torrentz.eu , thepiratebays , rarbg , yggtorrent , torrent9 , cpasbien , and so on.
In this article, I use cpasbien (see other torrents sites in French ) as an example, but the procedures are the same for other torrents sites.
- Go to the torrents site, find the content that interests you, you can use the search bar (eg Game of Thrones) and you will have the results of your search.
- Choose the file that interests you. You will then arrive at a description page of the file. At the bottom of the page, you will find the link for the download, click on the button to download the torrent . There are plenty of ads on torrents sites, be sure to click on the real download button.
- The .torrent file is downloaded in seconds, it weighs only a few KB. Click on the downloaded file, it will open directly into your torrent client (ex: μTorrent).
- Validate by clicking OK and your download of the series or film will launch in UTorrent.
Torrent sites offer video content in different formats: AVI, MP4, MKV, TS or VOB files. Often, a simple video player such as Windows Media Player (default player on your Windows computer) can not play these files.
So, to play any type of video file, you will need to install a free video converter software, like the free software by Freemake. This software can encode torrent movies in any format such as MP4, AVI, WMV, so you can play these movies on any device (computer, smartphone, DVD player).
In addition, Freemake Video Converter can reduce the size of video files without loss of quality.
- You can download the torrents with Internet Download Manager .
- The speed of downloading torrents is more or less fast depending on the number of seeders and your internet connection.
- The P2P download is accessible to all, but may be illegal, as long as there are copyright issues.