Sony surprises by making HBO Max PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 applications available before what had been promised by the GM of HBO Latino America.
Silently HBO Max finally released its app for consoles PS4 and PS5 of Sony. Luis Duran, General Manager of HBO Latino America even responded on July 3 on Twitter saying that Sony had calculated 1 month to make the app available for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles. However, luckily the HBO Max app arrived before the expected for the Japanese video games.
HBO Max Comes to Playstation 5 and PS4
Previously, even before the launch of HBO Max’s streaming service in Brazil on June 29, the company had promised that both Sony’s PS4 and PS5 consoles, as well as the Amazon Fire TV Stick, Amazon’s HDMI dongle, would receive the application at the launch of the platform in the country. However, unfortunately that is not what happened.
Fortunately, Sony has now made available to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 players the application with support to run the service in Brazil. See below for more information about HBO Max.
Availability was confirmed by Oficina da Net (editor Vitor Valeri), where a PlayStation Slim 4 registered on the North American PSN was used. The app was first installed on the console on July 1, 2021 and today (07/14) there was an update to version 50.35 of the HBO Max app.
Previously, when there was the initial installation, there was an error when trying to access and the app’s initial screen was not displayed, but now it was possible to access the streaming service normally, being able to watch any series or movie.
Plans offered by HBO Max
HBO Max offers two types of plans, “Mobile” (Mobile) and “Multiscreen”, where the user can choose to pay by the month, by the quarter or by the year.
The advantage of Multiscreen compared to Mobile is the possibility of playback on any device (TV, notebook, desktop, tablet, cell phone) with a resolution of up to 4K and 3 screens at the same time (only one screen is allowed on mobile).
It is important to remember that until July 31, HBO Max is giving 50% off monthly subscriptions as long as the user pays. The offer can not be combined with any other offer HBO Max.
Check below all the values (without the discount) for each subscription period:
- Annual Plan on Mobile: costs R$169.90 on Mobile and
- Annual Plan at Multitelas: costs R$ 239.90 (the equivalent of R$ 19.90/month)
- Quarterly Plan on Mobile: costs R$54.90 (equivalent to R$18.90/month)
- Quarterly Plan at Multitelas: costs R$74.90 (R$24.97/month)
- Monthly Plan on Mobile: costs R$19.90
- Monthly Plan at Multitelas: costs R$27.90
How to subscribe to HBO Max
To subscribe to HBO Max, all you have to do is go to the streaming platform’s website and click on the “Take advantage now” button to register by entering your name, surname, email and password.
Then, just follow the next steps until you reach the subscription payment step.
Where (on which devices) is HBO Max present?
According to the HBO Max website, the HBO Max streaming service is present on the following devices:
- TVs with Android TV running Android OS 5 or higher
- Apple TV
- LG TVs with web OS 3.5 or higher
- Roku with Roku OS 10 or higher
- Samsung TVs (2016 and later models)
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X /S
- PC with Windows 7 or higher
- Max with MacOS X 10.10 or higher
- Chromebooks with Chrome 78 or higher
- Android smartphones with Android 5 or higher
- iPhone and iPad with iOS 12.2 or higher
- PlayStation 4 (PS4)
- PlayStation 5 (PS5)
What to Watch on HBO Max
- Movies to watch on HBO Max
- Romance movies
- Horror movies
- Series to watch on HBO Max
- comedy series
- July Releases on HBO Max