How to Clean Your PC with Free CCleaner
Is your computer slow? And you are looking for how to clean it then you have come to the right place. You guessed it right, I’m going to tell you about the utility that almost everyone knows about Windows, it’s CCleaner.
What is CCleaner?
CCleaner or Crap Cleaner is a highly recommended utility for cleaning your computer of all spam and junk files that take up space on your hard drive. So here’s how to clean your PC and save space.
Indeed, all software when running on Computer stores temporary files on your hard drive for their proper functioning. However, some software does not erase these temporary files when they close and that’s CCleaner’s job, to clean your PC.
CCleaner Features – How Exactly It Works
CCleaner is a system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system, making Windows run faster.
It cleans the following:
- Web browsers : Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, history of autofill forms, index.dat files. It supports all popular browsers.
- Remove Duplicates: Files stored on your PC in multiple copies.
- Windows Explorer : Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary Files, Log Files, Clipboard, DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dump, Shortcut Lists.
- Windows Registry : Unused and old entries including file extensions, ActiveX controls, class IDs, program IDs, uninstallers, shared DLLs, fonts, help files, paths to invalid apps, icons, shortcuts, etc.
- Third-party apps : Temporary files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinZip and many more.
Click on the following button to start downloading CCleaner, this is the free and non-professional version. It is more than enough to do the trick.
Launch the executable and follow the instructions.
1. Start CCleaner and in the “Cleaner” tab, check all the boxes to be cleaned except “Clean free space” because this last task takes several minutes or even hours to thoroughly check the free space.
You can then click on Analyze then on Clean, but read all the checked spots so as not to erase some features that you may still need.
2. Repeat the same thing in the “Registry” tab to correct errors in the registry.
3. Another important thing to do is to limit the programs that launch at startup so that your PC can start quickly.
You know how to use CCleaner and therefore you will regularly clean your PC. With the Pro version of CCleaner, you can automate all of this in the Options -> Smart Cleaning menu.