Configuring a 2Wire in bridge mode is an option that the user can implement when he wants to use a router from another manufacturer, being able to continue using the 2Wire modem as a direct connection but, for the telephone line. Doing it is very simple and you can do it in a few minutes. Don’t miss the next tutorial.
How to Configure a 2Wire in Bridge Mode
In order to configure a 2Wire, you simply have to follow the steps indicated below:
- The first step is to open a browser window and type in the address bar the address »192.168.1.254 ″. This will give you direct access to the 2Wire modem configuration panel.
- Next you must locate the option “Home network” or “Home network” in the control panel and select the option “Disable” or “Disable”
- The next step is to click on “Broadband Link” or “Broadband Link” and “Advanced Settings” or “Advanced Settings”
- Modify the value of VPI to 0 and VCI to 35
- Select the option «Disable PVG Search» or «Disable PVC search»
- In “Connection Type” or “Connection type” you must choose “Direct IP” or “Direct IP”. When you have done this configuration, select “Submit / Save” or “Send / Save”
- The next step is to access the browser and type “192.168.1.254/management” or “gateway.2wire.net/mdc”
- Select “Configure Services” or “Configure services” and uncheck the option “Enable Routing” or “Allow routing”
- Finally, it only remains to select the option to save everything «Submit» or «Send»
Following these steps, your 2Wire will be configured in bridge mode, bearing in mind that you will not be able to access this change from the normal menu but from the advanced menu.