Convert SWF to MP4: Do you have a lot of SWF files that you can’t play on a media player rather than the Flash player? If yes, then you have come to the right page. In this final blog post, we are going to show you a step-by-step procedure that you can use to convert SWF file to MP4.
Convert SWF to MP4 using VLC media player
MP4 being a popular and widely used video format, it is the best choice to convert all your SWF files to MP4.
But sometimes the conversion affects the video quality, so we recommend using the SWF converter that we listed in this post. But before that, I would like to introduce the term SWF to you. So let’s go:
What is SWF format?
SWF is an extension commonly used to create animated videos with Adobe Flash Player. Files created with this extension can be played on a drive on which the flash plugin is activated. It can contain audio, video, graphics and interactive elements written in Actionscript.
This format is also a very popular way to provide quality browser games. As SWF files are written in Actionscript, they are not intended to be modified. To modify a SWF file, you must modify the original FLA file.
I think by now you have a clear understanding of the SWF extension. So let’s move on to the next part where you will learn how to convert a SWF file to MP4 format.
How to convert SWF to MP4 using VLC Player?
VLC is an open source media player that lets you play and convert files in different formats. It can also convert SWF files to different formats, but just convert SWF to MP4 format. So, here are the steps you can follow to convert SWF files to MP4:
- First, download and install VLC Media Player.
- Once installed, launch it and press “Media” option from the top menu.
- After that click on Convert / Save option.
- The File tab will open. And in the file tab, click on “Add” on the right and select the file.
- Once selected, click on “convert” option from the convert / save option.
- Now choose the conversion format from the available options.
- In the destination file field, choose a destination and a name for the converted file. And click on Start.
- Now the conversion process will be started and once finished, the converted file will be in the selected directory.
You now know how to convert SWF files to MP4 format using the VLC media player. We hope this article has helped you convert your SWF files to MP4.