Tired of your Apple Watch face? Replacing it to give it a new look is actually a simple operation. You can customize the Apple Watch face from the device itself and from the iPhone. In this article, we will explain step by step how to do it.
How to replace the Apple Watch face
Replacing the face of your Apple Watch with one of the other faces available on the watch is a breeze. Just swipe left or right from the edge of the screen to scroll through the watch faces offered by your Apple Watch. Once you’ve found the right watch face for you, all you have to do is stop the scrolling to select it.
How to customize the Apple Watch face
Changing the face of your Apple Watch with one of the ones already loaded on the watch is simple, but you can go further. And if you could customize the screen to your liking by creating new dials, you will have to do it:
- Press the crown to wake up the Apple Watch
- Tap the screen
- Scroll left or right to select a watch face
- Click on Personalize
- Slide your finger left or right to select a watch face function, such as the date, and turn the crown to change it.
- You can customize different aspects such as color and design
- With a simple swipe at the bottom left, you can change the individual components (Apple calls them “complications”) of the watch face.
- When you have finished personalizing, press the crown again to save all the changes.
You can also add new items to your Apple Watch face, but you can only do so through the iPhone app.
- Open the Apple Watch app
- Click on the My Watch tab
- Access the section dedicated to complications
- You will find the Plus and Minus buttons to add new ones on the watch face.
How to download and install new watch faces
To install a new watch face on your Apple Watch, you must first force the personalization mode by touching the crown to wake it up and long pressing on the screen. To do this, you will need to:
- Scroll right or left until you find the Plus icon
- Scroll up or down to see the available watch faces
- Select the one you want to add
- You can now customize it by following the steps explained above