How do I make online class attendance using Google Form? In today’s digital era, many activities are carried out online. One of them is making online attendance using a Google service called Google Form.
Google does present a service called Google Form or Google Forms. This service is very useful for those of you who want to make questions, including those who want to make online attendance. Regarding online attendance, you no longer need to check student attendance manually, aka one by one.
With the Google Form, Sobaat Androbuntu can check student attendance online. Regarding online attendance, you no longer need to check student attendance manually, aka one by one. With the Google Form, Sobaat Androbuntu can check student attendance online.
The time is very short and Google Form will also automatically recap the names of these students.
How to Make Online Class Attendance Using Google Forms
Below we will explain the steps you must take if you want to make online class absences via Google Form.
- First, make sure the device you are using is connected to the internet
- Second, type the address for drive.google.com and press Enter
- Third, a page will appear where you are asked to sign in. However, if you have previously signed in, several Google account options will appear that you will use to log in. If you haven’t signed in before, then you must enter your email address and password correctly
- After successfully logging in, you will be on our drive page. Now you have to create a folder which you will later use as a storage place for the online absences that you will create. This folder makes it easy to find attendance files
- To create a folder, please right click and several options will appear. Please select New Folder. Then you can fill in the folder name as you wish. Just adjust the folder name with the purpose for which you created the folder. For example a folder called Class Attendance
- After successfully creating a folder, you double click on the folder to enter the folder
- After entering the folder, here you will start creating and saving online attendance files
- Right-click, then click More. Next select the Google Forms option
- Now you will go to the Google Form page
- In the form without a title. Next, fill in the description according to the description. For example, Absent Class 8B Odd Semester 2020-2021
- You will see the Question column. Fill in the column with Day / Date
- In the question column below, please fill in the Teacher’s Name. Select Short Answer, then click Required and it will look like below
- On the right, please click the Plus Sign if you want to add a question column
- In that column, please fill in the Student’s Name, then click Short Answers. The next step, select the Check Box Grid
- Then you will see Rows and Columns in the Student Name section. The row must be filled in with the name of the student, while in the column please fill in the attendance statement
- On the row menu, please fill in the names of other students up to the name of the last student you want to be absent from
- When done, please return to the top and select Submit
- When you have finished clicking send, an icon or link button will appear. Click on the link and then copy the link by clicking Copy
- A very long link will appear. Here you have to shorten the link by opening a New Tab and typing gg.gg
- The Put your long URL here will appear and all you have to do is fill it with the long link that you copied earlier
- If you have entered the long link, check the Customize link section and fill in the name that is easy for you to remember
- After that you will get the link that you have shortened. You just have to copy it and you can share it immediately for students to access the link if they want to be absent
That’s information on how to make online class attendance using Google Form.
Now you need to check whether the link that Androbuntu Buddy has created works properly.
The steps are as below.
- Open a browser application. You can use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and other browser applications
- Then copy-paste the link and press Enter
- Now all you have to do is fill in the date and also the teacher’s name
- Fill in student attendance by ticking (v) based on attendance information. If so, click Submit
- To find out the results of input from student attendance, reopen Google Drive and enter the attendance folder that you created earlier
- Click on the excel button at the top right
- Then the student recap will automatically appear and you just have to check the names of the students
That’s the information we can share. may be useful.