Are you looking for solutions to effectively migrate your store from Magento to WooCommerce? If so, then you are reading exactly that article!
Moving a full-featured MagentoeCommerce store to a WooCommerce store from one platform to another is not an easy task. A lot of data needs to be taken care of, such as products, customers, and orders. Another important thing that may concern you is the protection of the transmitted data.
WooCommerce and Magento are platforms for business development in a form of powerful eCommerce store. As a student I not only managed my online store on WooCommerce, but was also a successful student. In cases when I couldn’t handle academic writing assignments, I contacted qualified writers at Essays Writing Help.
Magento helps you create powerful and attractive eCommerce store for your brand or business by providing all the necessary tools and services and helps you sell more at every stage of business growth.
It is a very popular e-commerce platform, which is often among the top five most popular e-commerce platforms in the market.
Online stores built on Magento are highly productive and scale easily with technologies they can trust.
Why should I switch to WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a strong and very reliable e-commerce platform, often referred to as one of the best on the market. The platform allows online sellers and store owners to integrate the main e-commerce tools into their business to simplify the process of running a small online store.
Built for online stores and retail outlets, WooCommerce provides powerful tools and plugins for managing orders, transactions, discounts, distribution, and customer service tools for business owners.
WooCommerce is considered an ideal platform for small and medium-sized retailers to create an e-commerce store, as it gives you access to advanced and powerful tools to increase sales and profits online. Switching to WooCommerce gives you the following benefits:
- Faster order processing
Reach out to a wider audience
- More low-cost marketing channels
Simplified order management
Attractive growth opportunities
Switching from Magento to WooCommerce!
WooCommerce’s biggest advantage over Magento is its tools foreCommerce plugins and extensions. Migrating a full-featured store may seem like a daunting task, but there’s a solution that will make it very easy for you!
If you want to transfer your online store from the Magento system to the Woocommerce system, then a special plugin-FG Magento to WooCommerce will help you with this. This plugin will allow you to transfer – categories, products, images, posts, and store pages. You can install this plugin directly from the WordPress admin panel.
After installing and activating the plugin, go to the page: Tools-Import. On the Import page, you will see the services that you can import to your site. Click on the – Magento tab.
Before you start importing a store, make sure that the Woocommerce plugin is installed, activated, and configured on your WordPress site. You will also have the option to restart the import from scratch.
- Remove only new imported data
- Remove all WordPress contentin WordPress.
- Click the buttom “Empty WordPress content” button to clear the import.
- Automatic removal, check the box here to automatically remove all WordPress content before each import.
Next, go to the import settings. If you do not know where to get this data, then contact the support service of your hosting, where the Magento online store is located. You will be prompted, all this data should have been sent to you by email during registration.
– URL of the live Magentosite, specify here the URL of your online store on Magento that you want to transfer to Woocommerce.
– Hostname, enter the name of your host.
– Port, the port number must be specified here.
– Database, specify the name of the database.
– Username, specify the name of the database user.
– Password, specify the password for the database.
– Magento table prefix, specify the table prefix.
– Click on the “Test the connection” button to check that the connection to the database is correct.
Next, additional import parameters.
– Medias, leave it as default.
Skip media – do not change the parameter.
Import external media-import external media files.
Import media with duplicate names-import media files with duplicate names.
Force media import. Keep unchecked except if you had previously some media download issues, leave it unchanged.
Don’t include the first image into the product gallery, you can exclude the image in the product gallery.
Timeout for each media, here is the timeout, in seconds, between the loading of each image.
- Import prices, import prices. excluding tax-without taxes, including tax – with taxes.
- Create pages, import pages, instead of posts, without categories. It is recommended to leave it as default.
- Click on the “Save Settings” button to save the settings.
- Click on the“Import content from Magento to Woocommerce” button to import an online store from Magento to Woocommerce.