The Microsoft OneDrive cloud is the equivalent of Dropbox, Box or Google Drive. The first – SkyDrive (the previous name of OneDrive) is integrated into Windows 10 for computer and Windows 10 Mobile for smartphone.
If you delete a document or photo in this OneDrive folder, the file will not be in the Windows Recycle Bin, but it will not be lost because there is a garbage can to recover deleted file on OneDrive. This method restores deleted documents from the online file hosting service.
How to Recover Deleted File on OneDrive
Please note that Microsoft offers 5 GB of free OneDrive storage for Windows connected with a Microsoft account. This is less than Google Drive but almost three times more than Dropbox, which only offers 2GB in its free version.
OneDrive’s free 5GB lets you save and sync your work documents, some photos, and other important files. If your data volume exceeds 5GB, you can subscribe to a paid service to upgrade to 50GB of online storage (€ 2 / month) or a large 1TB package + Office 365 suite for € 69 / year with software Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote for PC or Mac.
OneDrive: Recover deleted file from Microsoft cloud
1. Go to the OneDrive website: https://onedrive.live.com/
2. Connect with the ID of your computer, tablet or smartphone. This is the Microsoft account (Hotmail, Live, Outlook) used in Windows.
3. In the menu on the left, click Trash.
4. Files that have been removed from the OneDrive account are displayed, whether from a PC, Mac, tablet or phone.
5. Different possibilities from this screen:
- Empty the recycle bin > to delete all
- Restore all items > to restore all the files in the recycle bin to their original location
- Recover files one by one that have been accidentally deleted (by right click).
Thus, you can recover deleted file on OneDrive. If you have any issues, comment us in the comment box.