Many of us run the same programs when we’re in front of a computer because they’re the ones we always use. If there are only a few, it’s not a problem, but when there are more, it can be annoying to have to start over and over every day.
Therefore, we will show you how you can run multiple programs simultaneously with a single click of Windows 10. It’s very easy, you’ll see.
How to run multiple programs at once with Windows 10
In many cases, in order not to have to open one program after another, we decided not to turn off the computer completely, which means that we leave it in suspend mode.
The problem is that we are wasting electricity, so this is not a great long-term solution. That’s why it’s necessary to know how we can do all the programs we use to jump, all at once.
To perform this task, we will create a .bat file that will be responsible for executing all applications, which we mark with a simple press. The most interesting thing is that we will have direct access to this file on our desktop, so it will be very useful and we can use it as soon as we turn on our computer.
We will see step by step how we can create it, you will see that it is much easier than it may seem at first glance.
Location of programs
Before we can create this file, we need to know where each of the programs we want to run at the same time is. We need to find the path to the executable file for each of these applications so that we can incorporate this information into the file we are about to create.
To know the exact location of the executable files for each of these programs, we need to perform the following steps:
- We look for the Application icon on our desktop.
- As soon as we see it, we place the mouse pointer over it and press the right button.
- For all the options that came out, we need to click on Real Estate. We can also click Open File Location, which will cause Windows File Explorer to open in the path where the program’s executable file is located.
- Now, inside the Shortcut tab, which is checked by default, we see the path and file name that is used to run the program. Something we have to try to keep in mind because it will be necessary when we create our own file.
We have to do this with all the programs we want to open with a single click when we click on the file and the direct access we create. Anyway, if you forget any, it won’t be a serious problem to edit the file.
How to create our file
Once we have all the application data that will be part of our file, it’s time to create it. As you can see, it’s not complicated or tedious, because it’s much easier than you think.
- We opened Windows 10 Notepad. We can start it from the Start menu or by clicking on the desktop by right-clicking and clicking on New and then on Document text.
- Once we have the text document open, it’s time to type @Echo off in the first line.
- Then we make the end of the page (press Enter) and write the cd «path of one of the applications».
- In the next line we write run aplicacion.exe, where the application will be the name of the executable file of the program we want to open.
- Now we need to repeat these two commands in the same way for each one of the programs that we want to include in our file.
- When we have them all, we write the word output in the last line of Notepad.
Once we’re done, this is time we need to save the file and create one that we’ll use to open our favorite programs at the same time.
- Click File and then Save As.
- Now we need to open the drop-down menu with Type (below) and select All Files.
- Next, we decide where to store it. Where it says The name we have to give the one we want, if .bat follows.
- At this point, we will click Save and have our file.
If we created it on the desktop and leave it there, we only need to double-click and all the programs we selected when creating it will start.
If we have decided to put it in a folder on our hard drive, it will be really convenient for us to create a shortcut and place it on the desktop so that you always have it on hand when you turn on our device. We only need to take a few extremely simple steps.
- Right click on the file we created.
- We have now selected the option to create a shortcut.
- Once created, just click on the shortcut using the right mouse button and select Reduce.
- Now go to the Windows desktop, again we right-click (in the area where there are no icons) and then click Paste.
This way we already have direct access to our file, which will be very useful because once we turn on the computer, we will double click and all the programs we use the most and which we need whenever we face the computer will be executed. computer screen.
As you have seen, it is extremely easy to have a faculty that is extremely useful for our daily lives. In addition to being easy, it’s very fast, so there’s no doubt that we should all have it on our computer.
We can configure the file for weekdays and others for those days when we want to enjoy the free time provided by our computer. In any case, it is highly recommended.