The iPhone has become our “device for everything” and one of these functions may be to accompany us at night. If you are one of those who like to fall asleep listening to the music or the radio on your iPhone you probably do not want the device to be working all night.
So there is a way to turn off the music, or what you are playing, automatically on your iOS device.
It doesn’t matter if you are listening to Apple Music, Spotify or a radio app, in iOS you can choose when you want the playback to end after a while. It is also a native iOS function, so it is also available on the iPad and works with video playback apps.
Set a Timer to Turn off the Music on the iPhone and iPad
This hidden iOS feature allows us to program when we want a playback to end on the iPhone or iPad . Which means that we can program the shutdown time of any app that plays content on the iPhone such as Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, Amazon Prime Music , a radio app, a TV app or any other application that plays music or video
To stop setting a timer to music or video on your iPhone just follow these steps:
- It is a function available natively on iOS so we must go to the Clock app .
- At the bottom right we have the Timer section , we enter it.
- Above we see a dial with the hours, minutes and seconds, we configure it to our liking .
- Just below it appears the option When finished , press to enter it.
- Below is the Stop playback option that we must activate.
- Now we just have to click on Save on the top right.
- To program the shutdown of the music or the video of the iPhone click on Start .
Now we can go to our favorite music app and start playback , the same with a video or radio app. When the timer reaches 0 the playback will end and the iPhone or iPad will be locked , a good option if you use them to watch TV and want them to turn off at a certain time.
It’s that easy to program the shutdown of the playback of any content on our iOS devices, a native feature that is available for any type of app that plays music or video on our iPhone or iPad.
If you liked this trick, do not forget to go through our special section where you will find many more that will help you discover all the secrets of your Apple devices.