One of the advantages of Windows 10 is that it can update automatically. So, the device you have will have better protection.
If the windows on your PC/Laptop are not yet Windows 10, please Download the Latest Windows 10 64 Bit Full Version to Upgrade, because many of the latest and most advanced Windows features are interesting and easy.
Unfortunately, this update problem is often annoying. Finally, variousways to turn off Windows 10 updateare sought after.
Many people look for this method so that they can be more comfortable when using a computer or laptop. Especially if the network used is not good or uses cellular data. If the update is done automatically, the mobile data will be drained immediately.
VariousWays to Turn Off Windows 10 Update
There are many ways that can be used to turn off Windows 10 updates. If you want to take advantage of it, try to look at some of the ways below:
1. Utilize Settings or Settings
Actually, you can stop updating automatically for a certain duration. Windows 10 can do pending updates for a maximum of 5 weeks or 35 days. You can use it and then repeat it several times so that the update cannot be done.
If you want to do this setting, it’s a good idea to follow the steps below:
- Press Windows on the keyboard, then go toSettings.
- Once inside the settings, selectUpdate & Security.
- Select Windows Update, then proceed toAdvance options.
- In thePause update section, select how much time you need. It can be 1 week or 1 month.
- Repeat the above steps if you want to do an active pending.
This setting is deliberately limited. This is done because Windows 10 is the last generation that can only be updated to get the latest version. To do this you have to do it online.
If you use genuine software, it will most likely not cause problems. Various types of features, especially those related to security, will be improved periodically.
So, even without using anti-virus even a laptop or Windows computer will be safe.
2. Setting the Connection Used
One of the problems that triggers why many people want to turn off Windows 10 updates is their mediocre connection.
Moreover, they use mobile data more to connect to a computer or laptop. If updates are left automatically, large amounts of data will be sucked in.
That’s why Windows 10 already provides a setting so that the device recognizes the network. If using a certain network, the update process will not be carried out automatically. Follow the steps below:
- Go to Settingsor Settings first. The easiest way and can be used is theCTRL + I shortcut, todo this you must be in a desktop position.
- After entering Settings, selectNetwork & Internet.
- OpenWifi – Advance Options.
- Change it toOnin theSet as metered connection section.
Can this setting only work for cellular data? There’s really no limit to whether the connection marked as metered must be cellular data.
As long as you put it on the “black list”, even if you use a WiFi connection, the update will not run. New upgrades can be done if you do it manually.
3. Through the Group Policy Feature
In Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, and Education there is a Group Policy feature. by using this feature you can modify various types of services on Windows easily and quickly.
To turn off automatic updates, you can use the steps below:
- PressCTRL + Ron the keyboard to open Run. After the search field appears, you can typegpedit.msc, then press OK.
- Once inside, open several menus below in a row.
- Computer Configuration
- Administrative Templates
- Windows Components
- Windows Update
- Double-click on theConfigure Automatic Updates section.
- When the option appears, you can selectDisable.
- Then pressApplyandOK
At this point the process to stop the update will stop. If you want to turn it on again, repeat the steps above and change the option or option to Enable.
4. Using Service.msc
Most Windows 10 already have this feature. You can use it to manipulate existing services on the operating system. One of the manipulations that can be done is to prevent automatic updates from occurring.
If you want to use this feature, it’s a good idea to follow these steps. Do it carefully and don’t miss any steps.
- Before you open service.msc, it’s a good idea to open Run. To open the Run feature, pressCTRL + R.
- Continue by typingservice.msc.
- Once it appears on the search,click to enterit.
- Once inside, you will most likely be more comfortable. The menu has quite a lot. Well, all you need to do is scroll down the menu and findWindows Update.
- Double clickto enter into it.
- On theGeneral tab, look forStartup type. In the drop-down, selectDisable.
- ClickApplythen continueOK.
This method is powerful enough to stop automatic updates on Windows 10. Repeat the above steps again and change the option on Enable to restore the update process again, so you don’t have to do it manually.
5. Using Command Prompt
Command prompt or CMD can also be used to stop Windows 10 updates automatically. Follow the steps below to take advantage of this method:
- Open a command prompt, by pressingCTRL + R.
- Next typeCMD.
- Click to open a command prompt.
- After the command prompt window opens, you mustenter 3 commands.Do this one at a time.
- First enter net stopwuauserv, thenEnter.
- Second enternet stop bits, pressEnter.
- Thirdly enternet stop dosvc, pressEnter.
- After entering 3 commands and it worked. Close thecommand prompt.
After successfully doing the input 3 commands as written above. You can immediately restart the computer to see the results.
6. Using Apps
Some people don’t want the hassle of turning off automatic updates on Windows 10. If you’re one of them, it’s a good idea to take advantage of an application called EaseUS.
This application is able to stop updates easily and quickly. Follow the steps below:
- The first thing to do is download the application installer.Go to the official siteto download. Avoid using sharing sites because they have the potential to carry viruses.
- After thedownload is complete,do theinstallationfirst.
- Open theinstalledapplication. Find or selectSystem Update Management.
- Wait for the application toperform the scanning process. Usually you will see what needs to be updated, including system-related applications.
- After it appears you can press theDisable button.
Only use this app if all the lights on the list can’t be used to stop the update. However, if you use third-party applications, security still has a risk of being threatened.
How to turn off Windows 10 updatescan be practiced one by one. You can turn it off temporarily or turn it off permanently. Choose one of the methods above which you think is the easiest to do and has no risk at all.