Uninstall Applications on a Windows: Not infrequently we want to throw away a laptop or PC application that is not useful because it is enough to burden the internal storage space. Usually if the laptop hard disk is almost full, then the laptop’s performance can decrease, so that it can interfere with productivity.
Uninstall Applications on a Windows Laptop / PC
By uninstalling all applications that are not useful or rarely used, you have the opportunity to improve laptop performance. In addition to applications or programs, you can also get rid of junk files that have piled up. Thus the laptop storage space can be relieved again.
What Will Happen If the Laptop Hard Disk Is Full?
When the laptop hard disk is full, several problems will usually arise as the performance of the laptop decreases. Error messages that convey “Low Disk Space” information also generally appear frequently. The following Caris signals will describe three problems that are likely to occur.
1. System Crash
Besides running slowly, computer systems can also often crash ( freeze or freeze ) when there is no space left on the hard disk. The computer needs some free space on the hard disk for its virtual memory which is used to store data when RAM is lost. Therefore, the system will crash when there is no more free space on the hard disk.
2. Cannot Install Updates, Programs, Etc.
Important system updates are performed for even more computer performance, especially those concerning computer security. However, the system will fail to update itself when the hard disk is full. You also will not be able to install new programs or applications that you need.
3. Data Damage
You may also experience data corruption or data corruption when the hard disk is full. For example, when you are opening a file and the system suddenly crashes due to insufficient free space, there is a possibility that the file will be saved in corrupt form.
You certainly don’t want to experience the above, do you? For that, you need to make sure that your computer’s hard disk has enough free space so the system can breathe freely.
Well, one of the things you can do to increase hard disk space is to get rid of all the applications or programs that are not needed. In addition, you also need to clean the system of junk files that have accumulated, so you can save more space.
It’s easy to uninstall an application on a laptop or PC. You can use the laptop’s built-in features or use third-party applications to do this. Here are some ways to uninstall programs or applications on a Windows laptop easily and quickly.
Using Default Features
At least you can use two to three different ways if you want to get rid of applications that are not useful on a laptop or Windows PC. Here is an easy way to do it in each version of Windows.
1. Windows 10
There are three methods you can use to uninstall applications on Windows 10. The first method below is the fastest and simplest way.
Method 1: Through the Start Menu
- Select the Start menu at the bottom left of the display.
- Search for the Windows Store program or application that you want to uninstall by scrolling through the list of available applications.
- If so, mouse over the application icon, right click, then select Uninstall .
- Wait a few moments until the system successfully removes the application.
Method 2: Through Settings
- Mouse over the Start menu , then right-click.
- Select the Apps & features option .
- In the new tab that appears (see image above) you can see a list of installed programs and applications.
- Just right-click on the application you want to remove, then select Uninstall .
Method 3: Through the Control Panel
- Type Programs and Features in the search box at the bottom left of the display, then select if the results appear.
- In the new tab that opens, a list of programs will be found on your laptop.
- Select the program that you want to remove, right-click, then select Uninstall .
2. Windows 8 and 8.1
You can also apply the three methods of removing Windows 10 applications above in Windows 8 and 8.1. However, there are slight differences for each method.
Method 1: Through the Start Menu
- Press the Windows Key or select the Start menu at the bottom left of the display.
- After entering the Start menu , find the tile or tile for the Windows Store program or application that you want to remove.
- Move your mouse over the tile, right-click, then select Uninstall .
- If the application you are looking for is not in the Start menu, click the drop-down menu at the bottom left of the display to go to the complete list of installed applications and programs.
- You can move the mouse left and right to find the application you want to eliminate.
- If so, mouse over the application icon, then select Uninstall .
Method 2: Through PC settings
- Select the Start menu , then click the PC settings option in the main menu display or application list.
- After the PC settings view opens, click Search and apps , then App sizes .
- After the system has finished loading, there will be a list of Windows Store applications that you have installed.
- Just select the application you want to remove, then click Uninstall .
Method 3: Through the Control Panel
- Right-click on the Start menu .
- Select the Program and Features option at the top.
- Once open, find the program you want to delete, right-click, then select Uninstall / Change .
3. Windows 7
In Windows 7 you can delete applications through the Control Panel menu (the same as Windows 8, 8.1, and 10). Here are the steps.
- Select the Start button .
- Select Control Panel .
- Select Programs .
- Under Programs and Features , scroll to find the program you want to delete.
- Select the program then select Uninstall .
Using Third Party Applications
In addition to the built-in features, you can also uninstall applications on a computer or laptop using third-party applications. There are many computer maintenance applications that you can download and install for free. One of the most popular among home computer users is CCleaner.
Software developed by Piriform Ltd. It offers four main menus, which are Cleaner, Registry, Tools , and Options . Well, one of the options in the Tools menu is Uninstall , which means you can uninstall Windows Store programs or applications that are considered less useful.
The steps to get rid of an application with CCleaner are very easy, namely:
- Open the CCleaner application (get here if you don’t have one).
- Then select the Tools menu , then select Uninstall .
- Search for the program or application that you want to remove.
- Select or right-click the application, then select Uninstall.
If the process of removing all useless applications is complete, you can use another CCleaner service, Cleaner , to get rid of all the junk files that have accumulated. Thus, you can save more storage space for more important data.
Well, those are some methods of uninstalling applications on a laptop or Windows PC that you can do easily.