In this article, you will learn how to update mac os to macos mojave
Updating the macOS operating system is a simple, free and fast process but do not do it blindly … We are here to help you.
How To Update Mac OS to MacOS Mojave
As we mentioned above, we advise you not to rush to get the update because Apple’s servers may be saturated by the many simultaneous connections.
Also, before you start, make sure your Mac is compatible (see list below) with Mojave and follow these detailed recommendations .
Here is the list of Macs on which you can install Mojave:
- MacBook of early 2015 or later models
- MacBook Air mid-2012 or later models
- MacBook Pro mid-2012 or later models
- Mac mini of late 2012 or later models
- iMac of late 2012 or later models
- iMac Pro, all models
- Mac Pro from late 2013, plus models mid-2010 or mid-2012 having a graphics processor running with Metal.
How to update macOS and download macOS Mojave?
MacOS Mojave is available for download on September 24, 2018, almost exactly one year after the launch of High Sierra. When you are sure your Mac can be upgraded to macOS Mojave then follow the 4 points below:
- If you want to move to Mojave, you must wait until the software is available, probably from 19h (French time).
2. Open the App Store on your Mac by clicking on the A circled in blue , in the Dock, or go to Spotlight and enter the App Store search bar .
3. Locate macOS Majove, once the update is found, click Download .
4. Enter your Apple credentials if you are prompted to do so.
The download takes place in the background, you can go about your business and surf the web.
How to install macOS Mojave on a Mac?
- After the download of the macOS operating system, you are ready to install it.
- A window opens, you are asked to start the installation process.
- Click Continue . Note that this may take some time.
- Then follow the instructions on the screen. The operation should take about half an hour, depending on the specifications of your Mac.
The macOS system on your computer is now up to date.