On this occasion we will discuss how to partition the SD card on your smartphone. An SD card is basically an additional device that functions as a hard drive on a smartphone.
4 Easiest and Most Successful Ways to Partition an SD Card
There are smartphones that include an additional slot for an SD card, and there are also those that don’t. Usually the SD card slot is located adjacent to the SIM card slot. Some smartphones that provide dual SIM cards usually also provide an SD card slot.
Basically, the function of an SD card is to increase the memory capacity of your smartphone. Some smartphones are only equipped with insufficient internal memory
Well, like hard drives, SD cards can be partitioned. Partitioning the SD card can make it easier for you to organize files according to the file type.
There is a separate way to partition an SD card. These include using a computer and not using it. The boss will tell you both ways. Check out this article.
How to Partition an SD Card using Minitool Partition
There is an application that you can use to partition an SD card on a computer, namely Minitool Partition. Previously, first download the Minitool Partition Wizard application which you can search for on Google. After that, you can follow these steps:
- Connect the SD card to your computer using a card reader.
- Next, before partitioning, backup the files that you consider important on your SD card, and format your SD card.
- Then to partition, select your micro SD card drive and click the Move/Resize option. Determine the size you want.
- To determine the partition format, the way to do it is to right click on the unallocated drive and then select create. You will find several options such as drive letter, partition label, and several others. To create an additional drive, select the Create As option as Primary and the File System as FAT32.
- If you want to create a partition for Link2SD, make the Create AS option as Primary and File System as Ext2. Next click OK.
- Press the Apply button, and wait for the process to complete.
How to Partition an SD Card Without Using a Computer
Without using a computer, you can partition your SD card directly on your smartphone. One application for partitioning an SD card on a smartphone is Aparted.
However, to do this, your smartphone should be rooted first, and after that, your SD card should be unmounted. To unmount it, do it like this:
Settings > Storage, pilih unmount SD card.
How to Partition an SD Card with a Smartphone via the Aparted Application
So, after you fulfill the conditions above, you can download the Aparted application on the Play Store.
- After downloading this application, click the + button to add a new partition.
- Then select the FAT32 format to save data, and select the ext2/ext3/ext4 format option for Link2SD.
- After you have set everything, select Apply Changes.
- Wait until the process is complete.
How to Partition an SD Card with a Smartphone Via CWM Recovery
To use this method, make sure your smartphone is allowed to be rooted first. After you root, you can install CWM Recovery on your smartphone.
CWM itself is an abbreviation for Clock Work Mod, but what is meant by CWM? Basically, CWM is a customized mode and has additional functions such as backup/restore, installation, and others that you won’t find in regular mode.
In CWM recovery, you only create an ext format. This method of partitioning an SD card is suitable for Link2SD. For those of you who want to use this SD card partition method, here are the steps:
- Restart your Android and enter the CWM Recovery menu
- Then select the Advanced menu which you can see in the bottom menu.
- Next, select the SD Card Partition option.
- After selecting this option, determine the size of the ext partition you will create. The boss advises not to create a partition with half the size of the SD card.
- Clear Swap Size.
- Wait for the partition process to complete, and reboot your smartphone.
How easy isn’t it? Use it carefully and responsibly, especially when rooting. Good luck, good luck!