Zoom application is quite stable and does not take up too much bandwidth for face-to-face meetings or video conferences with other users. But sometimes to give a professional impression during an important conference, you have to change the name of the account so that your opponent knows who is talking to.
For that, we only need to change name that appears while doing a video conference on the Zoom site or application. In changing the name of this account, you must change it directly on the official Zoom website.
How to Change Name in Zoom
- First, open the login page on Zoom’s official website
- Log in using your Zoom, Google, or Facebook account
- In this case I use a Google account by pressing the Sign in with Google button
- After the button is pressed, Zoom will ask you to select and enter a Google account
- After the Google account is selected, you will be redirected to the Zoom account Profile page
- Next, select the Profile menu in the Personal category
- Then you will be faced with various data about your Zoom account
- At the top of the data there will be an account name that will appear when we do a video conference on Zoom
- Right next to the account name, hit the Edit button to change the name
- Furthermore, you can change the names in the First Name , Last Name, and Display Name fields
- If we just want to change the account name that appears during a video conference at Zoom, then only need to change the name in the Display Name alone
- But if you want to change the account name too, then change the name in the First Name and Last Name fields
- When finished changing the account name, then press the Save Changes button
- Congratulations, now our account name at Zoom has changed
After the name change process is complete, you can immediately log into the conference or meeting that will take place via the Zoom application or website. When entering the meeting, the account name will automatically change according to what was entered earlier.
How to change the name in Zoom is fairly easy for users to do so that it can be tailored to your needs. But it’s better to just use your real name so as not to confuse the other person.