To Change Yahoo Mail Password is a very easy job, but unfortunately, there are still many who do not know how to change Yahoo mail password. In fact, changing a Yahoo password should be important to know.
The reason is, by changing the password on a regular basis can avoid the hijacking of email Yahoo by people who are not responsible. In addition, you can also change your password if you feel that the yahoo password currently used is less secure or difficult to remember.
Change Yahoo Mail Password
To change a Yahoo password, there are 3 methods you can use. First, you can use the yahoo application on an Android phone, then the second is to use a mobile browser that you can use on Android and on the iPhone.
And the third is via a PC or laptop. Just determine which method is suitable for your device.
Change Yahoo Password on the Android Application
Yahoo Mail application is very useful for those of you who want to manage a lot of emails on 1 Android phone. You can send e-mails, receive e-mails, change passwords, and everything else is enough to use the Yahoo Mail application.
How to change Yahoo password in the Android application:
- Open the Yahoo Mail application on your Android phone.
- Press the three lines above to open the menu.
- Then tap the Manage Account option.
- Tap Account Info to enter yahoo account settings.
- Select the Security settings menu.
- Then tap the option I prefer to change the password.
- Type a new password then tap the Continue button.
- Now the Yahoo password has been successfully changed.
You can also add an email and recovery number for the verification method if you experience problems forgetting the Yahoo password.
Change Yahoo Password on the HP Browser
The next method is to simply use a web browser application. You can use any web browser application, even the default mobile browser. You can use this method to change yahoo passwords on Android and iPhone cellphones.
How to change Yahoo password on HP easily:
- Run your web browser application.
- Then visit the Yahoo email login page.
- Login using your email and password.
- After successfully logging in, tap your profile photo in the top corner.
- Then tap the Manage Account menu> Account Info.
- Tap the triple line icon in the top left corner to display the menu.
- Select the Account Security menu> Change password.
- Fill in the fields with the new password you want.
- Finally, tap the Continue button to save.
Now your Yahoo password has been successfully replaced with a new password. After that, you can also add other security options such as cellphone number or recovery email.
How to Change Yahoo Password via Laptop
You can also change your Yahoo account password using a desktop device such as a PC or laptop. How to do it is also not difficult, you only need to follow a few steps.
- Open the Yahoo login page through your browser.
- Then log in using your Yahoo account.
- Click your name or photo at the top.
- Then click the Data Account option.
- Select the Account security menu> Change password.
- Skip Captcha then click the Continue button.
- Type the new password that you want to use.
- Finally, you must click the Continue button.
Now your new password has been stored in your Yahoo account. To make your Yahoo email safer, don’t forget to add recovery email security, recovery numbers, and enable double verification.
Tips for Making a Strong Password
The password is the most important thing to keep our account safe and avoid piracy. So, make sure you change your Yahoo password according to the tips below.
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Add numbers in your password.
- Add some symbols too.
- Avoid numbers based on your date or year of birth.
- Avoid using common words that are often spoken.
- Don’t use a password that is easy to guess, for example, password123.
Well, that’s how to change the yahoo password that you can use to keep your yahoo account and email safe. Also, make sure to keep in mind the new Yahoo account password.