Let’s go back to talking about privacy, in this article today we will see how to darken your location on Google Maps and make sure that and during searches it is practically invisible to the eyes of Google Map.
How to Darken Your Location on Google Maps
Everyone knows google maps as a navigation utility, but very often underestimate the “privacy” situation as over time this precious and very useful service offered by google could turn out to be a real security problem as you can see them, people, cars and even houses.
Just to remedy this situation, over time Google has added some features inherent to the safety issue, such as the obscuring of faces or license plates.
Below we will see how to carry out the procedure both from desktop and from mobile device, for both devices the procedure is really very simple, all you have to do is simply follow the few steps listed in the guide below. Here is the procedure to follow to darken your location on Google Maps from Desktop
- Go to the Google Maps site and enter the address of your home;
- Click on the image that appears under the search bar;
- After the image enlarges, click on the three vertical dots at the top and select the item Report a problem. Or you can directly click the item Report a problem at the bottom right;
- Subsequently a new window will open that will allow you to frame your house exactly;
- Select the option for which you request darkening of the image (it can be a face, your house or car, another subject);
- Enter your email and the reCAPTCHA code;
- Finally send the request.
- The report will then be examined by the Google Maps staff.
Here is the procedure to be performed from a smartphone
- Open the Google Maps app and search for your address;
- Click on the image at the bottom left;
- At the top right click on the three vertical points and select the item Report a problem;
- From the window that opens, fill in the form as mentioned above and send the request.
As you have seen, in both cases the procedure is very easy, and within everyone’s reach.