One of the security measures that the Apple company uses in its equipment is theactivation lock to find my iPhone(or Find My iPhone), which works the same for the iPod and the iPad.
How To Disable The Find My iPhone Activation Lock
This function consists of locking all files saved on the computer after the number of unlock attempts has been exceeded. This ensures that, in the event of theft, user information does not fall into the hands of third parties.
In its time, users appreciated this feature because it gave them the ability to protect their information and make backup copies in the cloud, but having to pay for the latter was not well received. As a result, many customers choose to disable the Find iPhone feature and resort to other methods to enable the lock.
Steps to implement find my iPhone activation lock
If you don’t know how to deactivate such a service from Apple, continue reading this article to learn more. We will teach you all the methods to disable activation lock from find my iPhone and how to apply it.
Finally, you will learn everything about this blocking function so that you can decide if it is really a good option to disable it.
You only have to carry out 5 steps to use the tool
- Select the model of your mobile device.
- Choose your country (Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia. Etc.)
- Now select your company (Vodafone, Orange, Yoigo, Movistar …) and press “Release”.
- Enter your IMEI number (you can find out by dialing * # 06 # on your phone)
- Press ”Unlock Now” and done!
Find My iPhone (or Find My iPhone) is part of the iCloud service, the cloud storage platform that Apple provides to its users. Basically, it is something like Google Drive or Dropbox, only for iPhone, iPod, iPad and macOS users. Like any service, it can be completely canceled at the user’s request. Here we show you the basic methods of how to do it.
1- From my iPhone or iPad
The easiest way to deactivate the service is through the device itself. To do this, you just have to carry out the following steps:
- Go to the settings menu of your iPhone, iPod or iPad and tap on your username or Apple iD.
- After you are in the user menu, you must find and select the iCloud service.
- While in the services menu, look for the option ”Find my iPhone” that you want to activate. Press it and deactivate it by unchecking the appropriate switch.
- You must confirm this action by entering the password for your Apple ID account.
After this, the find my iPhone activation lock will be disabled. However, it will still belong to the same iCloud account to which it is linked. Therefore, if you have purchased a second-hand mobile phone, you must deactivate it from the service’s website.
2- From iCloud
The second option to remove the activation lock and unlink the device from its previous owner is through the official iCloud page (you have to go there). To do this, you must perform the following steps:
- After you are on theiCloud website, log in with your username and password.
- Click on your photo in the upper right corner of the screen and go toiCloud Settings
- Once there, go to ”Search” and choose ”Devices“, which will show a sub-window with the list of all the devices that you have associated with this account.
- Now choose the device you want to unpair and press the X next to it.
- Having done this, you must confirm the action by re-entering your iCloud account password, and the Find My iPhone service will be disabled for that device.
This will not only disable the Find My iPhone Activation Lock, but it will also disable it from your iCloud account. So if someone else can make it yours on another profile. Similarly, you can link it back to your account whenever you want.
3- If I have forgotten my password
If you do not have an iCloud or Apple ID password, this action will be impossible to deactivate, as it is the only way to prove that you are the owner of your mobile phone. Therefore, if you don’t have a password, you must reset it using one of the methods provided by Apple.
The simplest method istwo-factor authentication. If your account has this function activated, follow the steps that we explain below:
- Go to the Apple ID website and choose ”Forgot your Apple ID?“
- After you have done this, you will be asked to enter a verification code that will be sent to your mobile device.
- Enter the code and follow the wizard’s instructions until they let you set a new password.
- After you’ve done this, just log in with the new password and you’re done.
Two-factor authentication can be done directly from your smartphone if you have access to one. To do this, you will have to do this:
- Access your device’s settings.
- Tap your Apple ID username and go to ”Password & Security.”
- After you’re there, choose the ”Change password” option.
This will only work if you have iOS version 10.3 or higher. If you have version 10.2 or later, follow these steps:
- Access the configuration (or settings) of your device.
- Touch your Apple ID username and locate theiCloud section.
- In the service settings, tap the ”Forgot your Apple ID or password?“
- Now you must follow the instructions of the wizard and establish a new password.
Another way to reset your password is to ask security questions. To do this, you just have to follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple ID website and choose ”Forgot your Apple ID?“
- Next, you will be asked to answer the security questions you asked when opening your account.
- Once you have entered the correct answers, indicate that they will send you aconfirmation email
- Check your inbox and follow the link they have sent you.
- Now you can enter yournew passwordand connect with it.
If you don’t remember the answers to the security questions, you won’t be able to use this method to reset your password, as you can only do it with two-factor authentication.
4- If your mobile does not turn on
If your mobile does not turn on and, therefore, you cannot access it, the only way to release the activation lock is to do it fromthe iCloud interfaceon the website.
When to disable activation lock on Find iPhone?
Even if you don’t want it, there are several circumstances that may force you to disable the Find My iPhone Activation Lock as this iCloud service is not always convenient. Here we explain the most common cases.
1. Corruption of the operating system
If for some reason several of the operating system data is damaged, preventing it from working properly and you cannot start your mobile phone, you need to perform afactory resetand for this you will have to deactivate the activation lock to find my iPhone. This is because it is the only way to reactivate the device by reinstalling the iOS operating system.
2. Hardware failure
If any of the physical components of your mobile fail and you cannot turn it on or start it, you will have to remove the activation lock before taking it to Apple stores or an authorized technician for repair.
Otherwise, the technician will not be able to do his job freely and you will not be able to reactivate the terminal in case you need to reinstall the iOS system after the repair.
Advantages and disadvantages of activating the “Find My iPhone” lock
“Find My iPhone” or find my iPhone is a great service that aims to protect users’ information at all costs. As a security measure, it works well, but it is possible that its actions could make users uncomfortable.
Like everything in life, it has its benefits and drawbacks, which must be evaluated to decide whether to remain active or not.
The main benefit for the user is the guarantee that no third party will have access to the personal information stored on the device in the event of theft or loss.
In addition, you have the option of making abackup of up to 1GB, which you can expand by paying an iCloud subscription to back up your information in case you need to perform a factory restore in case your device has a software or software error. programming.
On the other hand, itis possible to locate the mobile phone through GPS. If you log in to iCloud and enter the ”Search” section, you will be able to know exactly where your device is, even if it is turned off. This is extremely useful if your terminal is lost or stolen.
The main drawback is the possibility that your mobile will be locked for life if you forget your Apple ID password and cannot recover it.
If this were the case, you would have to call the manufacturer directly, andthere is no guarantee that they can solve the problem since your user is the only way to ensure that the mobile is 100% yours.
In any case, there are more benefits than disadvantages of having this service on your mobile, so it is best to keep it active and deactivate it with one of the methods that we teach you only when necessary.