With the possible decline of Twitter, the race to create a new text-based social network is in full swing. Last week, the company Meta launched Threads.
How to Enter Threads with your Instagram Profile?
As the network is linked to Instagram, the idea is that users start from their profile there to create their account on Threads. If you have an account on the image network, check out how to create your login on Threads, keeping your username the same as you use there.
Sign in to Threads with your Instagram login
1. In your operating system store (Android or iOS), search for “Threads – an Instagram app”.
2. Then click to download to your cell phone. Then, open the app.
3. Inside the Instagram app, type “Threads” in the search bar. A “ticket” will appear next to it. Click to transfer your Instagram login information to the new social network.
4. On the Threads home screen, the name of your Instagram account to which you are logged in will appear. If you have more than one profile, you can select the one you want to use.
5. As you will see, your login remains the same as your Instagram account. You can even import the data (such as bio and photo) that you use on the other network.
6. Then select whether you want your profile to be public (open) or private (closed). On the next screen, you choose whether you want to follow the same people on Threads that you follow on your Instagram.
What to expect from the new network?
Launched on July 5, 2023, Meta’s new platform had already received more than 10 million registered records on the first day alone. According to the company, Threads was built with “tools that enable positive and productive conversations.”
Theoretically, this means that the user has more control over their profile, being able to add hidden words that filter responses and select who can mention them or respond to their texts (which range up to 500 characters).
Threads also promises to strengthen security, making it very easy to block unwanted accounts or report problematic profiles. Furthermore, minors who create accounts (between 16 and 18 years old) will have their profile necessarily restricted.
Meta also stated that, soon, Threads will have new features that will make it interoperable with other applications associated with ActivityPub, the open social network protocol established by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), considered the most modern. Thus, there must be an interconnection with Mastodon and WordPress, for example.