The iconic Final Fantasy VII holds a special place in the hearts of many fans and those players who started their gaming career in the distant 90s.
Combining cutting-edge technology, unusual setting, powerful storytelling, chic music, and addicting gameplay, Hironobu Sakaguchi’s team revolutionized the genre, defining its face for years to come.
Final Fantasy VII Remake → Solving Common Problems
FF7 has become one of the greatest and most influential games of the industry’s golden age, which was strongly associated with the PlayStation brand.
Competitors actively tried to copy the formula for success, borrowing plot elements, character characters, and whole mechanics, but they could not get close to the masters from Square. Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced in 2015, but players had to wait another five years before the game went on sale.
With big budgets and a fantastic staff of talented designers, the publisher was able to fine-tune the jRPG’s clockwork mechanism, delighting a growing fan base.
Despite such an ideal approach to game development, you can still face several problems: too long loading, low FPS, crashes, freezes, ff7 remake bugs, and other errors. Sometimes you may have issues even before the game starts: the program is not installed, does not charge, does not download.
A weak computer can also cause a black screen, no sound, or inability to control. Therefore, we will look at the most typical final fantasy 7 glitches and share solutions.
What Should Be Done First in Line?
Many gamers are interested in the question, “How do I get the most out of ff7 remake?” Before you enjoy the game to the maximum, we recommend doing the following:
- Download and run CCleaner on the official site – this is important because you can catch many viruses on pirate sites. The program will clean your computer of unnecessary files, and the system will run faster after you restart it.
- Using Driver Updater, update all system drivers. Driver Updater will evaluate the status of your drivers and update them to the latest version within five minutes.
- Download Advanced System Optimizer and enable Game Mode in the program. This tool will suspend all interfering background processes, and when you start the game, you can improve its performance.
Final Fantasy VII Remake System Requirements
After you have met all of the above requirements and problems continue to occur, we recommend that you check the Final Fantasy VII Remake system requirements. It is best to do this before purchasing the game not to waste money if your computer does not meet these requirements.
Each of you should have basic knowledge of computer operation, recognize the components of a game, understand how a video card works and how to choose the best one for gaming, and evaluate the power of a processor.
Software Suite: Files, Drivers, Libraries
A computer consists of many components that require a unique software package. You can do without them only with minimal use of the computer, but you need libraries, drivers, and program files for the normal functioning of the game.
Let’s take a look at the most straightforward but most crucial component – the video card. The most modern and reliable video cards are created by only two companies: Nvidia and AMD.
After determining which product is best for your computer, visit the official website and install the latest driver package: Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon.
For Final Fantasy VII Remake to function without interruption on the device successfully, you must ensure that all system components have the latest drivers. In this case, the previously described product – Driver Updater, will help you. With one click, you can get hold of the current drivers:
- Install Driver Updater and run the tool.
- Run a system analysis – it takes no more than five minutes.
- The program will display all outdated drivers, and you need to press all one button to update them.
Please note that background processes always slow down the performance of the game. To increase FPS, you need to keep your computer free from unnecessary files (CCleaner). First, turn on Game Mode using Advanced System Optimizer. The procedure looks like this:
- Install Advanced System Optimizer and run the tool.
- Run a system analysis – it takes no more than five minutes.
- The tool will share step-by-step actions that you should follow to improve the functioning of your computer.
After updating the drivers, you can start installing the latest libraries – DirectX and .NET Framework. All modern games require these libraries: DirectX, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
We also want to draw your attention to the Visual C ++ Extension Libraries. Final Fantasy 7 Remake requires them – the game will be able to function better. Today there is such a list of Visual C ++ extension libraries:
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 Service Pack 1.
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2008 (32-bit) (Service Pack 1).
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2008 (64-bit) (Service Pack 1)
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 (32-bit) (Service Pack 1)
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 (64-bit) (Service Pack 1)
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012 Update 4.
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013.
To understand which version you need to install, analyze your computer. If you have completed these steps and made it to this stage, we congratulate you because the boring part of preparing the computer for the game is over.
Next, you will find reviews of the most common bugs encountered in Final Fantasy VII Remake. Finally, we will reveal the ways to solve the errors that have occurred.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Long Downloading Or Doesn’t Load At All
Internet speed is not the only factor that affects game loading. For example, let’s assume that your Internet speed when downloading a game is 5 MB/s. If you have 100 MB/s, it will not improve the situation.
It so happens that Final Fantasy VII Remake does not load at all. This problem may arise for the following reasons:
- First, the router is configured incorrectly.
- Errors on the part of the provider.
- The cable is not connected correctly, or someone has chewed it up.
- The fallen server is on the service side – the site from where you download the game.
To understand why the error occurs, you need to analyze all of the above problems and determine which one is blocking the download.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Won’t Install Or Terminated Installation
Before you install Final Fantasy 7 Remake, find out how much disk space the game will take. If you are sure that the disk has enough memory to install the game, then we recommend diagnosing the disk itself. Perhaps a lot of broken places have accumulated on the disk, which blocks regular operation.
If you are using a Windows operating system, there are standard methods for checking the status of HDD and SSD drives. However, we recommend using special programs as they are more accurate in the results.
The termination of the installation is also affected by the interruption of the Internet connection – it is enough for you to check whether the Internet is working well and, if problems arise, contact your provider.
If you are installing a game from a disc, be sure to check if there are scratches on the media – they may interfere with the installation.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Won’t Start
Have you installed Final Fantasy VII Remake, but the game doesn’t want to run on launch? Let’s start with the most straightforward thing – after the program crashes, does Final Fantasy VII Remake give an error code or some words? If so, find out what the mistake is and decipher the words.
For example, you may find that the game does not support your graphics card or your hardware is outdated. The game can also report that there is not enough operative memory for regular operation.
The developers are interested in as many gamers as possible using the game. Therefore they build a description of all errors into the game system. This approach will allow them to find out why the game is not running, what is interfering and how to solve it.
Screenshot the error or write it down. If you do not know the programming language, we advise you to look at the official site and read more about the error. You can also look at the FAQ section – there may be developer tips on starting the program or solving mistakes.
Suppose the game keeps crashing while loading. We recommend disabling your antivirus. The tool may be blocking some of the game’s actions. Also, recheck the system requirements – if you find inconsistencies, buy the necessary components.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Lags
Many gamers confuse lags with braking – the two problems are different. Final Fantasy 7 Remake slows down when the frame rate drops – a feature that allows you to see pictures.
However, the Final Fantasy 7 Remake lags down when you connect to the server, and there is too much lag. Most often, this occurs due to geo-blocking. For example, you want to connect to a server in another country, but the waiting time may exceed 20 minutes.
How, in this case, unblock the game? We recommend using a VPN – the tool can place you where you are trying to connect. With VeePN, you can connect to servers faster and stay safe when cybercriminals want to take advantage of your data.
As you can see, lags can occur only in network games. Lags occur for several reasons: you are far from the server, bad network code, the network is very congested, the router is incorrectly configured, and the Internet speed is low.
Note that the low speed of the Internet is the smallest indicator. In online games, you exchange short messages. 10 MB per second is enough for you to chat online.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Gives Black, White, Color Screen
Problems with the presence of color screens arise for two reasons:
- You have two video cards, and you are using them at the same time. Let’s say the motherboard contains an integrated graphics card, but you are playing on a discrete card. You might not even guess that Final Fantasy 7 Remake uses an inline video card to function. Because of these discrepancies, you will see a black or white screen because the monitor is connected to a discrete graphics card.
- The problem of displaying the picture on the screen. For example, your outdated driver cannot fix the game, or the video card does not support it. Also, black or white screens can occur when running at resolutions that the game does not support.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Stops Working At Random
It happens that you play the game for a long time, and for some unknown reason, the game crashes – you see the desktop, the closed game. Why does this error occur? To get rid of the problem, you must find out the nature of the error.
If the game crashes randomly, irregularly, then most likely, the problem is game-related. In this situation, you cannot fix anything – it is best to contact the site where you bought the games and report the malfunction.
However, if the program crashes at a particular moment, the problem can be easily solved and calmly continue to play. It would help if you avoided certain situations, keystrokes, which provoke a crash.
We also recommend that you save the game at a time – if you accidentally press a button or some action, this will help you avoid going through the game again.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Freeze
This problem occurs for approximately the same reasons as we described above. The developers could have made a mistake while creating the game. Also, a frozen picture can signal that your video card or processor is in terrible condition.
Therefore, if the Final Fantasy 7 Remake freezes images, we recommend using special programs that will show the statistics of component downloads.
Perhaps your video card has exhausted all possible working resources, or is the processor reaching its boiling point? Use MSI Afterburner to check load and temperature for CPU, GPU.
How to understand that the temperature reaches critical values? Processors and video cards differ in operating temperatures. Usually, the video card generally works at 60-80 degrees Celsius. Processors operate at temperatures slightly lower – 40-70 degrees Celsius.
If you find that the processor is operating at higher temperatures, we recommend checking the thermal paste – sometimes it can dry out and require replacement.
If you find that your graphics card is operating at a higher temperature, you need to use an official utility from the manufacturer or a dedicated driver.
Final Fantasy VII Remake: Slow Down, Low FPS, Frame Rate Drops
If you are experiencing low frame rates, we recommend lowering the graphics quality in the game. However, there are a lot of graphics settings in the game, and before you lower them, it’s worth understanding how they affect performance:
- Screen resolution is the number of small dots that create a picture of a game. The higher the resolution, the more difficult it is for the video card to work. Compared to other parameters, the screen resolution has the least impact on the operation of the video card, so you should reduce this function last, provided that nothing else helps.
- Texture quality is a parameter that affects the resolution of texture files. If your video card contains only 4 GB or uses an outdated hard drive, you can safely reduce this parameter.
- The quality of the models is a parameter that influences the 3D of the model. The better the quality, the larger the models. When using high-quality models, you need powerful video cards with good computability. If your video card has a low core frequency or low memory, you can reduce this parameter.
- Shadows are placed in the game in different ways. For example, you might find dynamic shadows that run in real-time. Dynamic shadows will overload the processor and graphics card. Many developers use shadow pre-renderers to optimize game performance. They are also called static – these are usually textures that exist constantly and do not depend on real-time. Such shadows affect memory but do not affect the graphics card core. In this game, you can find various shadow settings. For example, the shadow resolution determines how accurately you will see the shadow cast by an object. Remove dynamic shadows to ease the work of the graphics core. Use pre-created shadows. Also, you can find soft shadow settings. This parameter smooths out unevenness in the shadows themselves. This feature is present in dynamic shadows. Therefore, if you want to use dynamic shadows, it is better to remove the anti-aliasing parameter for soft shadows, as this affects the performance of the video card core.
- Anti-aliasing is a parameter that allows you to smooth out the unevenness of objects using a special algorithm – the program generates several images at once. Then, it compares them to determine which one is the smoothest. Final Fantasy VII Remake uses several anti-aliasing algorithms at once. The MSAA algorithm generates 2, 4, 8 images so that you can reduce the anti-aliasing by 2, 4, or 8 times. The FXAA or TAA algorithm works by calculating perfect edges.
- Lighting – developers use different algorithms. The most popular are SSAO, HBAO, and HDAO. These algorithms work at the expense of the video card’s resources but behave differently, depending on the model and state of the video card. The HBAO algorithm was most often used on Nvidia video cards, so HBAO is suitable for this model. HDAO is best suited for AMD graphics cards. SSAO is a versatile algorithm and requires the least graphics card, so if Final Fantasy VII Remake slows down, it’s best to use it.
Which of the above parameters should be reduced first of all? Shadows, anti-aliasing, and lighting are the most energy-intensive.
Therefore, start decreasing exactly with these parameters. Sometimes gamers test these settings themselves and share optimization tips. One of the best platforms is Advanced System Optimizer.
The program is intended for those who cannot clean the computer of unnecessary or temporary files, delete registry entries or control the startup list. Advanced System Optimizer analyzes your game and tells you how you can get your computer to work well.
Final Fantasy VII Remake No Sound
Gamers often complain that Final Fantasy VII Remake works excellently, but for some unknown reason, there is no sound. This does not affect the game’s performance in any way. However, if you want to hear sounds, it is still worth looking into the problem.
First, you need to understand where the sound is missing – in the game or on the device. If the game does not play sound, then this is due to a worn-out sound card.
If the computer does not play sound, then there is a problem with the computer settings. Such a problem occurs due to incorrectly installed sound card drivers, or you have not updated Windows, and it is he who blocks the sound.
In Final Fantasy VII Remake Controls Not Working: Mouse, Keyboard
This problem most often occurs due to the user. When connected to a game, the operating system employs the standard driver.
However, it happens that some of the management tools may not be compatible. To get rid of the problem, you need to know the model name and, based on this, choose the driver.
Torrent Downloaded Not Working
If you download games from Torrent, then you can not get any guarantees of performance. Torrent never updates the game through the official sites. Crackers remove special network features that are required for license verification.
By downloading a pirated version, you run into inconvenience and danger since hackers can change many files here. For example, you can install additional programs to help hackers use your data. You can also download a virus and give access to your computer to third parties.
If, after downloading the game from Torrent, you run into several problems at once: the game does not load, lags, slows down – immediately delete it. Also, read your computer with an antivirus to make sure you haven’t harmed your computer.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Gives Error About Missing DLL File
This problem occurs because DLLs are missing. Most often, this error appears at startup. However, you may also encounter this problem during the game – Final Fantasy VII Remake accessing certain DLLs – if it is not found, it simply crashes.
We recommend finding the required DLL and installing it on the system to get rid of the problem. Then, use the DLL-fixer program – the tool quickly analyzes the system and helps to identify missing libraries.