Critical Structure Corruption error with code 0x00000109 occurs when starting the emulation system and other software inside the operating system kernel. Its formation means that it has detected damage to the data inside the kernel.
Causes of the error
The kernel is the most important part of your operating system. It controls various tasks and applications on the computer – both software and hardware, for example, RAM and a processor.
There are two core types – micro core and monolithic core. The first has only basic functions, the second also includes many drivers. Basically, this is a combination of software and hardware.
The causes of the error are very wide and broad. Therefore, you need to perform many different solutions and see which one is right for you. The causes of the BSOD Critical Structure Corruption error in Windows are usually:
- Damaged hardware (for example, a faulty memory card).
- A driver that critically changes the kernel code or data intentionally or accidentally.
As the reasons are clarified, finding a solution to the problem will not be very difficult Read and learn how to fix the Critical_Structure_Corruption error in Windows 10.
How the critical structure breakdown error occurs
The most common cause of the blue screen is an old or damaged driver. CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION appears next to the error code and ends with “sys”.
Here is the solution to update or delete this corrupt software. When you encounter BSOD again, type the name of the faulty driver to find out what it is. There are many excellent sites that offer a complete description of the resource for this.
Open the link and enter the error in the search field. After that, the site will provide you with all the necessary information. First, you need to determine which of the two types of drivers are: Windows and hardware. If the corrupted file in the search results contains a link, it is hardware, if Windows Update is specified, this is Windows related software.
Hardware drivers – Used to operate certain physical components of the computer, such as firmware or various system components. It ensures the smooth operation of various electronic components on the PC. If the Carona table in the “Source” section contains a link to the site, you can say that this is a hardware error.
On the other hand, Windows drivers use only the operating system. In most cases, the cause of the Critical Build Failure error in Windows are emulator programs and virtual machines. Other possible causes are:
- Faulty equipment
- Old graphics card.
- Damaged driver that affects operating system master data.
Fix Critical Structure Corruption – How to fix it
Alcohol 120%, according to the developers, Deamon Tools, MacDriver and Intel HAXM (Hardware Accelerated Application Manager) are directly related to the Critical Structure Corruption error in Windows.
If one of these programs is installed on your computer, update to the latest version or remove it from the PC. After that, restart the computer and check if the error got fixed. When the blue screen reappears, go to the next method.
Update your graphics driver
In many cases, BSOD with errors is caused by faulty video card software. There are two ways to get the right driver for your video card: manually or automatically.
Manual software update – You can manually update the software for a video card by going to the website of the manufacturer of your video card and looking for the latest driver version. Be sure to select only drivers that are compatible with your version of Windows 10.
If you are a laptop user, you should always contact the laptop manufacturer, otherwise you risk losing the advanced configuration functions that come with your graphics card.
Automated ways to update drivers include third-party software that scans the system, detects connected equipment, and compares the versions of installed drivers to the latest versions on the Internet.
Memory diagnostic tool
As mentioned earlier, one of the possible causes of the problem is faulty hardware, such as a bad memory card. Fortunately, you can easily check this with the built-in diagnostic tool:
- Windows + R / type mdsched.exe.
- You can select “Restart now and check problems (recommended)” to check the status of the memory card at this time or “Check problems next time you start the computer” if you are busy right now.
- A page opens showing the progress of the test and the number of passes it will complete in memory. If you don’t see any additional errors, your memory card won’t cause any problems.
- If you are using a third-party diagnostic tool for the equipment you trust, run it and follow the instructions according to the setup wizard.
- Check event log
Event Viewer will accurately show what happens when you have a blue screen of death with a Critical Structure Corruption error. Here’s how to verify this:
- Windows + X / Event Viewer.
- Open Windows Logs, check the middle of the window to see suspicious events that occur when a blue screen error occurs. See if a particular program is responsible for your problem.
Removing the display driver
According to Microsoft, you can also try removing the display driver and restarting the computer. Here’s how to do it:
- Start Windows 10.
- Press Win and X button at the same time.
- Choose a device manager.
- Click Display Adapters / Uninstall.
Restart the computer and check if it works.
Equipment control (HDD, RAM, PSU)
Before proceeding with software troubleshooting steps, you must first check the hardware. Possible causes of BSOD and the above-mentioned structural damage are factors of various critical issues and many system failures:
- HDD – use chkdsk (Command line> type: chkdsk c: / r and press Enter) to find and fix errors. or use a third-party tool. Make sure everything is properly connected.
- RAM – Run a memory check or use MemTest86 to search for RAM errors. If you have more than one flash drive, remove them one by one (leave at least one installed) and thus identify the faulty component.
- Power supply – make sure all cables are properly connected. Also, if you have recently added new hardware, make sure that the power supply does not exceed its capacity.
SFC and DISM
- Right-click Start and open a command prompt (as an administrator). At the command prompt, type sfc/scan now and press Enter.
- Wait until the vehicle finds errors and close the command prompt.
DISM is started via the command line:
- Right-click Start and open a command prompt (as an administrator).
- Type the following lines and press Enter after the line:
- DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth
- DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
- Wait for the scan and close the command prompt.
- Restart the computer.
Check all drivers
In addition to applications that cannot be integrated into the shell of Windows 10, we cannot forget drivers. Faulty drivers are the most common cause of errors in Windows 10 today. Sometimes universal, but modern drivers can lead to the same results and corrupt your system.
Therefore, you need to try, find a suitable functional driver and finally disable the distribution of the drivers through Windows Update:
- Right-click the Start button and open Device Manager.
- Click on the view and open Show hidden devices.
- If there is a faulty driver, find it in the list and reinstall it.
If none of these methods helped you, you may need to completely reinstall the operating system. If you have encountered a similar problem and used a different method to solve the problem, describe it in the comments at the bottom of the article.
Thus, you can Fix Critical Structure Corruption. If you feel any issue, comment us in the comment box.