The free antivirus programs are essential tools in protecting your computer from malicious attacks. A computer is a tool that fulfills many functions, among which is the hosting of data and personal files that must be properly protected.
9 free Antivirus of 2021 for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS
That is why it is very likely that you are interested in knowing which are the best free antivirus, since these are programs that, without an economic investment by the user, will allow to protect the computer from malicious software that tries to enter our database, already be it to damage files or to steal information.
1. Avast! Antivirus
Avast! it is a really very popular antivirus. Although it offers some paid versions with greater benefits, its free version has everything necessary for a common user to protect their data from possible threats.
- Its database is constantly updated so it is necessary to have a permanent Internet connection (or as frequently as possible)
- Create rescue discs to save data in difficult situations
- Detects weak points through which a Wi-Fi network can be attacked
- Performs automatic submission of files that may contain malware
2. Panda Antivirus Free
Panda is another option that will protect any of your computers from any malicious attack. One of its highlights is that it hardly takes up space on your computer. Regarding safety, the following aspects should be highlighted:
- This antivirus is based on the cloud, so it will hardly consume resources on your computer
- Performs your work in the background, without interfering with other tasks
- Allows you to analyze USB sticks
- It has anti-exploit security that analyzes the system to detect security holes
3. Ad-Aware Free Antivirus
Ad-Aware Free Antivirus is a free program that offers everything to protect your computer during use.
- It blocks viruses and spyware that want to enter your hard drive, detects malicious web pages and allows you to analyze your computer in a fast, complete or personalized way
- It has a ” Game ” mode, which when activated makes the antivirus continue to work but without interrupting or notifying the user
- Has parental control
- Includes an option to protect the email account and create lists with only safe senders
4. Avira Free Antivirus
Avira is an extremely complete antivirus for those looking for a free, functional and easy-to-use tool.
- It has various types of analysis and real-time protection
- Includes a protection system for children which is activated while they navigate
- Combines artificial intelligence with cloud technology, ensuring maximum protection against ransomware, Trojans and spyware
5. Bitdefender Antivirus
Bitdefender is a powerful free tool that, despite taking up much more space than desirable on your computer, supplies it with incredible protection features.
- It works in real-time, identifying any type of threat and sending it to quarantine
- Detect and block ransomware
- Warn about pages that may pose a threat
- Captures almost 99% of viruses that affect Android devices
Kaspersky is another of the free antivirus alternatives that you cannot miss. Among its most outstanding options it should be noted:
- Offers email protection, analyzing incoming and outgoing messages
- They undo any changes that malicious software may have made to the computer
- It has an on-screen keyboard option to prevent attack by cybercriminals
- Block scripts that may pose a threat to your computer
It is not only one of the best but also one of the best known. AVG Free Antivirus has been on the market for several years and has a very large virus database that will allow it to detect all kinds of threats.
- It offers real-time protection so that your computer will be fully protected while browsing the internet
- Allows more or less deep analysis to find virus infections in a file on your computer
- Protects against ransomware and spyware
8. Microsoft Windows Defender
Microsoft’s classic antivirus has recently been renewed to offer the best features when it comes to protecting your computer:
- You can run it even without having administrator permissions
- It has an option that allows you to select the specific parts that you want it to scan
- It is possible to use it without having an active connection
- You can use it with other antivirus
9. Sophos Home Free
Sophos Home with free option is specially designed for family use.
- Can be used on up to three different devices
- Can be managed remotely
- It has parental control and real-time protection
We have been able to observe that there are fortunately several different offers when it comes to free antivirus. The question is to try the different options and see which one we choose since we must look for the one that best suits our tastes and needs.