iTunes Library: Whether you use iTunes to play all digital multimedia content or you are switching from physical discs to digital format, at some point you may wonder what to do with your Blu-rays and DVDs.
Apple introduced iTunes 6 in the fall of 2005, this version provided users with the ability to purchase popular television series. A little later, in 2008, the bitten apple companyimplemented digital movie copying for iTunes.
Now, Apple currently offersa total of more than 65,000 movies, some of them with 4K compatibility, iTunes extras and much more.
iTunes movie library
- If you are thinking of going into the digital age and converting all your DVDs to this format, iTunes is a great platform for it.
- The benefits of an iTunes digital library include the ability toview content on multiple devices, browse and browse to select all of your movies in one place, and access your content via the Internet.
- To get started, simply purchase your first movie from iTunes. Movies are available in standard definition or in high definition formats.
- If you don’t want to buy a movie, series or any digital content, you canrent it for a much more affordable price. iTunes rented videos are available for 30 days and expire 48 hours after playing.
- iTunes content can be played on iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, Apple TV, and iPod touch.
How to add physical DVDs to your iTunes library
There are two very simple options when it comes to streaming all movies on Blu-ray or DVD to your iTunes library. But you should be aware that thisis not possible with all the discs.
1. Digital copy
- If your Blu-ray or DVD includes a digital copy, you simply have to follow the steps that are dictated inside the disc box to acquire them in iTunes.
- If your movies are not supported with digital copying, you can try Vudu and Movies Anywhere.
2. Vudu + Movies Anywhere
If you have never heard of Vudu, you should know that it is a kind of iTunes store. But it also allows you toconvert some movies you have on disk to digital format.
Movies Anywhere belong to Disney and offer the possibility to link your account with iTunes, Vudu, Google Play and Amazon Prime.
1.Register with Vudu and convert your discs to digital format for a small fee.
2.Link your Vudu account with your iTunes account at Movies Anywhere and you’re done.