Have you ever been busy browsing social media but suddenly the internet connection suddenly became very slow? Maybe the sign is you have to check the internet connection speed.
Currently there are many websites that allow us you to check internet speed, including Speedtest. Even this service is one of the most popular, because the Android application has been downloaded more than 100 million times.
Check Internet Speed On PC And Smartphone
Curious how to use Speedtest to check internet speed? Consider first the tips and sundries which are summarized below from various sources.
1. What is Speedtest?
Speedtest is a service to test the speed and performance of internet connections, both cellular and Wi-FI, developed by Ookla. This service was first launched in 2006 and to date the Speedtest service has been used more than 25 billion times to test internet speed.
2. Available on Various Platforms
Speedtest service is available in the browser via the Speedtest.net site. Not only that, the Speedtest application can also be downloaded on various platforms including iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, and Apple TV.
3. The Meaning of Terms Used by Speedtest
If you are using Speedtest for the first time you will be faced with terms like ping, download speed and upload speed. The following is the meaning of each of these terms:
– Ping is the reaction time of your connection, simply how quickly you get a response after sending a request. Ping is measured in milliseconds (milliseconds). Generally, the lower ping value will be the more quality of your internet connection.
– Download speed shows how fast you can pull data from the server to your device. Download speed is measured in megabits per second (Mbps).
– Upload speed shows how fast the connection is to send data from your device to others. This indicator is also measured in megabits per second Mbps).
4. How to use Speedtest on PC
First open your browser of choice and enter the Speedtest.net site. You can also download the Speedtest application for Windows and MacOS, but it’s a little more complicated. After that, click the Go button in the middle of the screen and wait for a while until the test is complete.
No need to wait long, you can see the results of the ping, download and upload speeds. The results of this test can be shared on social media and you can check the results of the previous internet connection speed test in Results History.
5. How to use Speedtest on a Smartphone
First you must download the Speedtest application by Ookla through the Google Play Store or Apple App Store according to your smartphone. You can also access the Speedtest.net site which is already mobile-friendly through the browser of choice.
After downloading and installing, click the Go button in the middle of the screen. Wait a minute until the test process is complete and your speed test results can be seen.