Delete Your Houseparty Account: The Houseparty app is involved in a controversy involving data from its users. To decrease the chances of being one of these victims, learn how to delete your account.
Some video conferencing services have seen their number of users increase dramatically due to many people staying at home due to the coronavirus. One of these services is Houseparty, which is designed to make personal calls with fun features that can be used on cell phones and PC.
How to Delete Your Houseparty Account
In turn, like some more famous apps, Houseparty has seen its name involved in a controversy, which involves the “theft” of data from its users. If you ended up using the program recently and want to be cautious, here’s how to delete your Houseparty account.
How to delete Houseparty account on iPhone
Who uses an iPhone or other device with iOS ends up having the easiest way to delete the account, which is through an option in the application itself. See step by step to access it:
1. Open the application normally, touch the icon represented by a smile and go click on the “gear”;
2. In the new menu, tap on “Privacy” and select the option “Delete account”;
3. In the message that appears, tap on “Delete Anyway” and enter your Houseparty password. Finally, tap on “Delete” and your account will be deleted.
How to delete the Houseparty account on Android and PC
Although the application is very similar to have a native function on iOS (iPhone system), Android and computer there is no direct option to delete your account. So, you need to send an e-mail to Houseparty support. Check out the process, which in our case was done on Android:
1. Open your email client and, in the “to” field, enter: [email protected];
2. Already in the subject, put “Request to Delete Account”. Finally, in the body of the e-mail, put the data: full name, e-mail, username and phone number.
Ready! You now know how to delete your Houseparty account. Here, it is worth remembering, on iOS, your account is instantly deleted, while on Android it is necessary to wait for the Houseparty team to delete it.