Fix Spotify 18 Error Code: Spotify is one of the best platforms to stream your favorite music and songs online. They have made a lot of applications for each operating system, including the Windows platform.
Recently, many users have reported an issue known as “ Spotify 18 error code ” which can interrupt you while you are listening to your favorite songs.
So what would you do to get rid of this error? You just have to read through this entire guide to learn the ways that you can use to get rid of Spotify 18 error code problem.
How to fix Spotify 18 error code problem?
The Spotify 18 error code arrives for many reasons, but we’ve only heard a few. Some users have reported that this happens every time they try to launch the Spotify app.
The others said that the error could be due to overwriting the files on their computer. Whatever the reason, the solutions are going to be the same and are as follows:
1. Complete the Spotify process running in the background
- Go to the Windows search bar and type in Task Manager.
- When it appears, click on it and let it open.
- As soon as it opens, go to the processes tab.
- Scroll through the options that appear and find any program associated with Spotify.
- If you find a process related to Spotify, then complete the particular process.
- Launch Spotify again and see if it works properly or not.
2. Delete Spotify related files installed on your PC
- Press both Windows + E on your computer.
- This will open Windows Explorer on your computer.
- Press the Ctrl + F key to activate the search bar.
- Type Spotify in the search bar and let it search for any Spotify related file.
- Once you see the files, press Ctrl + A to select all the files.
- Press the Delete button.
- This will delete all Spotify related files.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
3. Delete the Spotify folder from your AppData directory
- Press the two Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “% appdata%” in it and click OK.
- Once the AppData folder is open, locate the Spotify folder.
- Once you find it, right click on it and select the Delete option.
- Press YES if indicated to confirm the action.
- As soon as the Spotify folder is deleted, restart your computer.
- This will apply the changes.
- After that, try to launch Spotify again to see if the Spotify 18 error occurs or not.
4. Quit Steam and then try to install Spotify
- Launch Steam on your computer.
- Locate the steam option that you can find in the upper left corner.
- Choose the Exit option.
- Wait until the steam closes automatically.
- As soon as it closes, restart your computer to apply the changes.
- After that, try to install Spotify again. If the Spotify error code 18 is due to Steam, the Spotify will definitely start.
5. Uninstall programs that interfere with the installation of Spotify
- Go to the Windows search bar and look for the option “add or remove programs”.
- Click on the result that appears after the search.
- Now just go through the list of programs and find the ones that you think are responsible for the problem.
- Once you find these programs, right click on them and uninstall them.
- After that restart your computer.
- Run the Spotify installer again to see if Spotify starts or not.
- This time, Spotify should work on your computer without any problems.
Now you have all the information about Spotify 18 error code and how to fix it. I hope this guide will help you to get rid of Spotify 18 error problem.