Discord has succeeded in becoming the VoIP service application that many gamers choose to communicate with each other. The popularity of this application is increasing with the number of online games that require direct communication over long distances.
But unfortunately, sometimes there are some problems or bugs with the Discord application. One of them is a sound problem or a microphone that doesn’t sound.
How to Fix Voice Discord Errors on PC and Cellphone
Therefore, this time we will share how to fix Discord voice errors or not being detected.
How to Fix PC Voice Discord
Voice Discord problems occur more often on PC devices than on cellphone devices, this is because there are so many settings available in the Discord application. Not to mention the settings and permissions on Windows.
But calm down! Below we have prepared several ways to fix PC Voice Discord errors, from simple solutions to slightly complicated solutions.
1. First Thing to Try
Before going further into Discord settings and Windows settings to fix Discord voice errors, there are a few simple things you should pay attention to.
- Make sure that the Mic is not muted in the Discord application.
- Also make sure that you are not being muted by the admin or server owner.
- Unplug the mic device jack then try connecting it again.
- Close the Discord application and reopen it after a while. This method has proven effective for several users.
- Log out then log in again.
If the problem is not resolved, please close the Discord application first, then do the other steps below.
2. Run Discord with Administrator
After you close the Discord application, try opening it again with Administrator access. If you don’t know how, right-click the Discord icon and select Run as Administrator .
3. Reset Voice Settings
The next way to fix Voice Discord is to reset voice settings . This method has been proven successful by most Discord users who experience this problem.
Because by doing a reset, the voice settings on Discord will be reset by default .
Here’s how to reset sound settings in the Discord app:
- Click the Gear icon labeled User Settings at the bottom left.
- Select the Voice & Video option under App Settings .
- Scroll to the bottom position, then click Reset Voice Settings .
- Click OK on the confirmation window that appears.
- Try disconnecting then reconnecting the microphone.
4. Set Input Device
If resetting the sound settings doesn’t fix the Discord no sound problem, you can check whether the Mic used in the Discord application is correct.
Because sometimes Discord chooses a microphone that you don’t actually use, so you have to set it manually.
Here’s how to solve Discord with no sound by setting the Input Device:
- Go to User Settings in the bottom left corner.
- Click Voice & Video in the App Settings section .
- Click the Dropdown option under Input Device ( Voice Settings ).
- Select the microphone you are using.
- Set the Input Volume slider to the maximum position (far right).
Note: If you are not sure which Microphone to choose, right click on the speaker icon (in the taskbar) and click Sound . In the new window, go to the Recording tab then output the sound and see which level bar lights up. Select the Mic and click Set Default . Don’t forget to select the Mic in the Discord application.
5. Turn off Automatically Determine Input Sensitivity
Automatically Determine Input Sensitivity is a feature that will automatically adjust the sound volume sensitivity level of the microphone. However, in some cases, this feature does not work properly.
As a result, Discord’s sound becomes intermittent or even no sound comes out at all. Therefore, if the indicator bar on this feature does not light up when you speak, then you can try turning off the feature.
Here’s how to deal with intermittent Discord sound on PC by turning off the Automatically determine input sensitivity feature:
- As usual, open User Settings and select Voice & Video.
- Scroll down until you find the Input Sensitivity menu.
- Disable the Automatically determine input sensitivity option.
- Leave the bar position at default.
6. Change Input Mode to Push to Talk
If all the methods above haven’t been able to fix the Discord voice error, then you can try changing the input mode from Voice Activity to Push to talk. Several users reported that this method was successful in fixing the Mic error problem.
However, by selecting Push to Talk mode, you have to press and hold a certain button when you want to speak. This might make you a little uncomfortable.
If you don’t have a problem with this, here’s how to do it:
- Click User Settings , then select Voice & Video .
- In the Input Mode section , select Push to Talk .
- Set the Key shortcut to enable Push to Talk .
- Leave the Push to Talk Release Delay bar on the far left
7. Disable the QoS Discord feature
Some users stated that QoS settings could cause Voice Discord errors. Therefore, you should also try to disable the QoS feature if you still experience the Mic not turning on problem in Discord.
Here’s how to set the Discord PC voice error by turning off the QoS feature:
- Open the User Settings option.
- Select Voice & Video.
- Turn off the Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority option in the Quality of Service section .
8. Disable Advanced Voice Activity
Discord provides special information on the Advanced Voice Activity feature that users must turn off this feature if sound is not detected automatically by the Automatic Input Sensitivity feature.
So, apart from turning off the Automatic Input Sensitivity feature which we discussed in method 5, you can also turn off the Advanced Voice Activity feature . Here’s how to turn it off:
- Open User Settings and select Voice & Video.
- Scroll down, then turn off the Advanced Voice Activity option.
9. Change Windows Privacy Settings
The Voice problem in the Discord application that has an error is also very likely to occur because Windows does not allow the application to gain access to the Microphone.
Therefore, there’s no harm in checking the Microphone access permissions in Privacy Settings. Don’t know how? Just follow these steps:
- Open the Start Menu, then type and open Privacy Settings.
- In the left window, select Microphone.
- In the right window, turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone option.
- Scroll down to then search for and make sure the Discord app permissions are in the list.
- Restart your computer.
10. Disable Windows Exclusive Mode
Some applications can take exclusive control of audio device drivers, including Microphone. If this feature is active, then this could be the cause of the Discord Microphone having problems.
Here’s how to turn off the Exclusive Mode feature on a Microphone device:
- Right-click the Speaker icon in the Taskbar, and select Sounds.
- Open the Recording tab, then select your Mic and click Properties.
- On the Advanced tab, uncheck the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device box .
- Click Apply and click OK.
- Restart your laptop or computer.
How to Fix Cellphone Voice Discord
If you use Discord on a cellphone device, be it Android or iPhone and are experiencing problems with the microphone, here are several ways to fix Discord cellphone voice.
1. Several things to pay attention to
Before going into more detailed methods, here are several things you should pay attention to:
- Make sure the Discord application is up to date.
- Make sure the device you are using supports the Discord application.
- Turn off the battery saver feature .
- Try switching the WiFi network to Data or vice versa.
- Check the volume settings on your device.
If the problem still occurs, please check the more in-depth solutions below.
2. Check Microphone Permission
Make sure that the Discord application gets access permission on the Microphone . Because if not, Discord won’t be able to run the Microphone.
To check this, please open Settings > App > Discord > Permission . Make sure the Microphone or Record Audio section has permission.
3. Check the Voice Settings in Discord
Finally, you can check and make changes to Discord voice settings. The way to do this is to open the Discord Profile, then scroll down and click the Voice menu.
Then do the following settings:
- Make sure Input Mode is in the Voice Activity position.
- Try turning some of these features on and off and see if any changes occur.
- Auto Sensitivity
- Noise Suppression
- Echo Cancellation
- Noise Reduction
- Automatic Gain Control
- Advanced Voice Activity
To check whether the Microphone is detected, tap the Test my Microphone option in the Sensitivity section. If the indicator shows green when there is sound, that is a sign that you have succeeded in fixing the previous Voice Discord error.
The final word
So those are some ways to fix Voice Discord errors, both for PC and cellphone applications. If the problem still occurs, please leave a message in the comments column! We will help answer it.