WhatsApp is a messaging application that is very popular and has been used by more than one billion people in many countries in the world.
How to Know WhatsApp Tapped Easily
There are many things that make people happy to use WhatsApp to stay connected with each other. First, the application is free to use and there are no ads at all. Although it was rumored that WhatsApp would pay, it turned out to be a hoax. WhatsApp will remain free and there are no advertisements .
Second, WhatsApp is easy to use because it has a user-friendly interface. To be able to use WhatsApp, users only need to be connected to the internet network. WhatsApp uses a mobile internet connection (4G / 3G / 2G / EDGE or Wi-Fi, if available) to send and receive messages.
Third, users will not be bothered with PINs and the like. That’s because a WhatsApp account is registered based on the user’s mobile number. As long as the mobile number is stored in the contact list of the phone, then people can directly connect to WhatsApp their friends or family.
Among a number of features offered by WhatsApp, one that is preferred by users is end-to-end encryption . With this feature, messages sent via WhatsApp can only be accessed by the sender and recipient. Thus, sending messages with WhatsApp can stay safe.
Is WhatsApp Safe?
WhatsApp had a security flaw that made it possible to be infiltrated by spyware. The existence of a system vulnerability allows hackers to be able to access not only the user’s profile, but all their phones.
Luckily WhatsApp responds quickly and develops updates to protect its users. Then, are there steps that users can take to prevent their WhatsApp accounts from being hacked? Of course. The following steps can be applied to secure your WhatsApp account.
- Always update the WhatsApp application because in every update there are new features including matters relating to security and user protection.
- Use a third-party lock application because WhatsApp is not equipped with a locking feature. With the application, users can set patterns to unlock WhatsApp screens. Choose a trusted and trusted third-party key application.
- Always logging out or logging out after using WhatsApp on mobile and on the web can actually help secure your WhatsApp account. That’s because WhatsApp will send a notification when someone tries to log in or log in . But this case (especially logging out of the WhatsApp application on HP) is quite troublesome for some people. So, this step can be an option. But you should always log out after using WhatsApp Web.
- Apply two-factor authentication or two-factor authentication because this creates a barrier that is difficult for hackers to break through.
- Avoid leaving your cell phone unattended when going out.
- Avoid connecting your phone to an unknown WiFi connection because hackers can also use a unique MAC address to access all WhatsApp chats.
- If at any time your WhatsApp account is hacked, immediately deactivate your account by sending an email to [email protected] . Your account will be automatically deleted if it is not accessed for 30 days.
How to Find Out WA Hacked or Tapped
Although WhatsApp continues to make updates to their security system, it is not impossible that there are hackers who escaped and managed to break into. The following is a way to find out which WhatsApp accounts were hacked or intercepted.
1. Cannot Enter
As you know, the WhatsApp application cannot be used on two or more different devices at the same time. So if you cannot log into your WhatsApp account or cannot make calls with WhatsApp, then it is possible that the account is being used by someone else (your number is registered through a different device).
2. Something’s wrong with WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web is a WhatsApp feature that allows you to be able to run WhatsApp via the web. This is a very useful feature, especially for online businesses. However, WhatsApp Web is a loophole for hackers or eavesdroppers to view and monitor all of your WhatsApp activities.
If you feel that something is wrong with WhatsApp Web activities, you can check this by opening the three-point menu in the upper-right corner of the WhatsApp window, then going to WhatsApp Web and checking the list of all open sessions. This allows you to be able to see all devices connected to your WhatsApp.
3. Number Cannot Be Verified
If you see the message “This phone could not be verified” , it means your WhatsApp has also been accessed by an unknown device. However WhatsApp provides steps for completion if you experience problems in the verification process, which is as follows.
- Restart your phone (turn it off, wait 30 seconds and then turn it back on).
- Remove and reinstall the latest version of WhatsApp.
- To check your telephone connection, send a test SMS message from any mobile phone to the phone number that you are trying to verify (enter the same phone number that you entered on WhatsApp, including the country code).
Please note that there are third-party tools available on the web that can be used by hackers to sniff your WhatsApp conversations. The tips above can be applied to prevent your WhatsApp from being hacked.
4. Something Is Suspicious About Messaging Activities
If you feel that you haven’t opened or read a new incoming message but the check mark two has turned blue (meaning the message has been seen and read), then that could be a sign of your WhatsApp being bugged by someone else.
Users who do not activate the blue double check feature can also find out that their WhatsApp is being bugged. That can be found by the disappearance of a number notification on every new message that comes in, even though the message has not been opened at all.
Another sign that your WhatsApp is tapped is that a message was sent when you never did. If you find something like this, it could be that your WhatsApp is being intercepted by others.
Well, that’s a few ways to find out whatsapp hacked or bugged. Once again, you can apply the tips above so that your WhatsApp account will avoid hacking or eavesdropping.
But please note that no account is 100% safe from hackers. Even so, you can still do prevention with the best tips available.