Recover Deleted Facebook Messages: Nothing is more frustrating than when we delete important messages without knowing how to recover them. If you have ever had this problem, you will probably look for a way to recover these messages.
Fortunately, you can use several methods to recover deleted messages on Facebook. So, without wasting more time, let’s start exploring how to recover deleted Facebook messages.
How to recover deleted Facebook messages?
As we mentioned above, there are a number of ways that can be used to recover deleted messages, but they all require a different configuration depending on the type of your device. So we divided the whole guide into different parts, as follows:
1. How to recover deleted Facebook messages on Android
Facebook Messenger has a feature called “Offline” that allows your device to save your Facebook messages even after being removed from your device. It is therefore very simple to recover deleted messages on your Android phone in a few simple steps.
- Click on the link below and install ES File Explorer on your Android device. Download ES File Explorer
- Launch the es file explorer on your device.
- Access the SD card or the internal storage option (depending on where your device saves your data).
- From there, go to Android > Data .
In the Data option, you will find the folder “com.facebook.orca”.
Open the folder and open the files folder > fb_temp where you will find all deleted files and messages.
2. How to recover deleted Facebook messages using the Archive option?
An archive is a great option to help you save your messages from future misfortunes. This feature allows you to secure your messages and use them on any platform, including Facebook Messanger, a website or even the Facebook application.
- Open the Facebook email application.
- Look for long press on the chat you want to archive.
- A new menu will appear on your screen.
- In the menu you have to select the option “Archive”.
- The cat will be transferred to the archives and you can retrieve them at any time.
3. How to recover deleted Facebook messages by downloading the archive?
After saving the discussions in an archive, you can download them at any time. Here are the steps that will help you do it:
- Log in to your Facebook account from a computer.
- Click on the down arrow in the upper right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the available options.
- Go to Account Settings, and then click it.
- Under General Settings, you need to click on the option “Download a copy of my Facebook data”.
- On the next page, simply select the “Start my archives” option.
- This will open a confirmation tab where you will have to click “Start my archives” again.
- After that, you will have to click on a link represented as archive link.
- Enter your password and click on “Download the button of my archive”.
- As soon as the archive is downloaded, unzip it and open the file named as an index.
- On the next screen, click on the “Messages” option and you will find all the messages it contains.
So here are the best methods you can use to recover deleted Facebook messages. I hope this message will help you recover deleted messages.