Putting a watermark in Word is easy and also very useful. A watermark is a message, a logo, a signature or a name that is placed superimposed on an image but in a transparent way.
How to Insert a Watermark in Word
It does not overlap the text of the document but it is identifying and also necessary as a protection measure. Find out how you can include it in your documents when you use the Word editor.
Why are watermarks necessary?
A watermark is a message or an image that is inserted in the background of a text in a semi-transparent way, allowing the content of the file to be read without difficulty.
Watermarks are necessary for a number of reasons. Let’s see which are the most frequent utilities:
- It serves as a protection measure for the copyright or the author’s rights of an image, a text … By placing the watermark it is indicated that the material should not be used illicitly and that the authorship of the document must be indicated in any case or request authorization for its use
- On the other hand, watermarks are widely used in the internet world by those who work promoting their own brand. It is a measure to protect a person’s work, be it photographs, documents and even videos of their own authorship
If you want to use watermarks in your Word document, you can do it in two different ways. You can use the watermarks that Word provides, or you can create your own watermarks. Find out how to do it below.
Use a Word watermark
The procedure to put a predesigned watermark in Word is very simple:
- You just have to go to Design and from there select the Watermark option that will appear with an icon
- Now you can choose if you want a vertical watermark or a horizontal watermark
You can choose if you want the watermark to apply only to one page. To do this, you just have to right-click on the watermark and select Properties
Use a custom watermark with WoS If you want to use a custom watermark, you can also do it from Word by following the steps indicated:
- Head to the Format tab > Watermark
- Now you must select the option Custom Watermarks> Text Watermark. From here you can select the word or text that you want to appear, the font, size, orientation and if you want it to appear semi-transparent
If, on the other hand, you want to use a watermark with an image or logo, you must follow the route indicated:
- Format> Watermarks> Custom Watermarks> Image Watermarks
- Select the image you want to appear as a watermark
How to remove or hide a watermark
If you have decided to change the design, or simply remove the watermark that you have inserted, you must follow this procedure:
- Go to the Design tab > Watermark
- In the box that appears you must select the option Remove watermark
If, on the other hand, you simply want to temporarily hide the watermark of the document, you must follow this step by step:
- Go to the File tab > Options
- Locate the option Show drawings and text boxes on screen and uncheck it
- Press OK to save the changes