Limit Usage Time on Xbox One: You’ve probably never paid attention to it, but did you know that you can limit the amount of time your children use Xbox One? Yes, it may be one of the options they don’t like very much, but as a parent or guardian it will be very useful.
This allows you to know how much time they are investing in video games and to slow them down if they abuse them.
How to Limit Usage Time on Xbox One and Windows 10
Microsoft provides tools that allow you to, among other things, reduce the usage time or screen time when using applications and devices. This is really useful in the case of the Xbox One, if you also need to better manage its use by the smallest of the house.
So if you’re interested and want to know how to better control or determine the certainty of your gaming limits, we’ll explain everything you need to know and the steps you need to take to reduce the time you use your Xbox One. And by the way in Windows, if interested as well.
Adjusting the usage time limit on the Xbox One is done using the Family options that Microsoft offers on its website. This means you don’t have to go directly to the console, but to the Microsoft Family page. The first thing you should do is to create a family group. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit the Microsoft Family website and log in with your main account
- Then click on the option to add a new family member and enter their email
- If you don’t have it, you can create one. As a minor’s account, you will need to confirm your main account and log in to authorize its creation.
- With the account already created, add it to the family group
- Now that you are in the family, select it and go to Time on Choice screen
- You will see that there are two buttons that allow you to activate restrictions for Xbox One and Windows 10
- Select the desired system or both
- Below you will see a calendar where you can define hours and limits by day of the week or in general.
Now that you have created a responsible child or minor account and within the family group, the next step is to go directly to the console. Log in to your main account, the first thing you need to do is create a password to prevent them from using your gaming account. This can be done using the login and security options.
Next, go to the Xbox settings menu and perform the following steps:
- Go to General> Safety and Family Online> Family Settings
- choose to add new family members
- Select your child’s account and enter their password
- If you are logging in for the first time, enter the name or Gamertag you will use for recognition
Done, you’ve already configured your account and your child’s or minor’s account on Xbox One. From now on, when you log in with this account, you set a time limit of will to apply.
If exceeded, the console will block use and not allow them to continue until you approve. Logically, calendars can be edited at any time to provide more hours during the holidays or public holidays.
For Windows 10 computers, the process is the same, and all you have to do extra is to create a user account that will allow them to log on to the computer.