The definitive guide that will help you Configure and Use iTunes Home Sharing and you can easily synchronize the media between your ios devices connected through the network, so follow the tutorial to proceed.
With the launch of iTunes 9, Apple has introduced the new Home Sharing function, through which users can share their Multimedia Library between up to five computers that are connected to the Home Wifi or Ethernet network.
The feature could also be used to stream the media library to an iDevice or Apple TV, making it much easier to stay in touch with most of the music on those devices.
Now, if you are new to this function, you will probably find it difficult to configure it and therefore use it on your devices, you need to know its functions well so that you can get the most out of it.
In this article, we have written about the exact method of how you could use iTunes Home Sharing, as well as how it could be easily configured.
If you are still curious as to how it could be done, then it is time for you to read this article and thus explore the whole method described below. So now you just have to go and read the article!
How to set up and use iTunes Home Sharing
# 1 How to set up iTunes Home Sharing feature
Before you know how to set up the iTunes Home Sharing feature, either on your computer device or on Apple TV, you need to know the requirements.
You must first have at least two computers that you need to connect to, and after that, you also need an Apple ID. First of all, you should have the latest version of iTunes installed on the device.
There must also be an active home network for those devices between which the connection is to be made. If you are going to use iTunes Home Sharing on any iDevice, make sure it will work with iOS 4.3 or later.
On Apple TV:
1. On Apple TV, choose the computer icon or option and then click the “Yes” button to enable sharing at home with your Apple ID.
2. Now, on the next screen that appears on your TV, you will see that the Home Sharing function has been activated and your Apple TV will automatically detect even the computers that have the Home Sharing function activated with the same Apple ID!
1. First, install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. And after that launch it on your computer.
2. Inside iTunes go to File > Home Sharing > Activate Home Sharing options. 3. In iTunes version 10.7 or newer, choose Advanced > Turn on Home Sharing from the menu on the top task bar.
3. Now you have to enter the Apple ID and password on the right side of the page under the label Enter Apple ID. Please note that the Apple ID is used to create the Home Sharing network and therefore must be used on all other computers that you want to connect.
4. After all that, click on the Activate Home Sharing button and this will verify your Apple ID and after verification, you will see the other screen where you just have to click on the Done button.
5. Use steps 1 through 4 above to create and configure Apple ID on all computers that you want to connect to Home Sharing. Remember that you use the same Apple ID on those devices! Devices that are now linked using the same Apple ID will be seen in the Sharing section.
To activate automatic media transfer:
- First, click on the Settings button at the bottom right of the page while in the Home Sharing section of iTunes.
- Now on the next screen, you have to select the types of files you want to enable until automatic transfer and you just have to press the OK button after making the desired selections.
- This would now configure iTunes to automatically share the selected media types with all computing devices connected by that same Apple ID.
- Now click on the Show menu at the bottom left of the page and from there select the Items option, not in my Library. This would be necessary in order not to let the function share and duplicate the files that are already on the other devices.
After reading the previous method in this article, you may have found the method by which you can now configure iTunes Home Sharing and thus use it.
The article described here is the easiest way to do it, and there are no such complexities in the whole procedure that it could be difficult to apply.
Now it is your turn to test the method, in case of any problems related to the process please comment below how we would love to solve the problems!