How to stream on Twitch from PS4: Are you looking to share your game with the whole kingdom? Twitch is a very popular live video platform that allows users to stream videos with great ease. Since this is a popular game stream service, you can do it directly from PlayStation 4.
The PS4 is a game console that lets you play games according to your choices. It’s pretty easy to stream to Twitch from PS4. Justin Kan originally designed and developed the Twitch video game streaming site in 2011.
Since the game’s inception, it has gained increasing popularity across the entire online game streaming industry. Over 55 million people around the world watch video game streamers on the Twitch platform each month.
PS4 users have the option to stream gameplay live to Twitch and other popular streaming services. In this article, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide on how to stream content to Twitch from PlayStation 4. Watch!
Stream on Twitch from PS4
Exciting players can stream the video game to the Twitch platform so that other players can watch it in real-time. This way you can spend most of your time on the Sony-designed PlayStation 4 console. Most professional streamers spend huge sums on video game equipment.
Equipment includes video capture cards, microphones, cameras, computers and green screens. Instead of using all of these things, you can easily stream the PS4 game to Twitch with what you already have.
Prerequisites for streaming on PS4
To stream basic content to Twitch from the PlayStation 4 console, you don’t need a lot of necessary stuff. However, we have compiled a list of the minimum requirements for streaming from PlayStation 4 to Twitch.
- A functional PlayStation 4 used to play your favorite video games. It can also be used to process video streaming and capture. You can use a standard PlayStation 4 Pro or a standard PlayStation 4 console.
- 1 television to watch your game and the entire sequence.
- You must have at least 1 PlayStation controller to play the desired video game.
- An official PlayStation 4 Twitch app
Other optional accessories
Some professional streamers want to integrate their sequences and the voice at the time of the broadcast. In such a case, they must have additional accessories which are optional for normal players.
A PlayStation camera
This camera includes both a camera and a built-in microphone. This PS camera is essential for capturing player video footage for Twitch streams and recording voice.
An additional microphone
To record the voice, we can use an additional microphone. Most modern smartphones can be used for this purpose and normal headphones can be plugged directly into the PS controller.
Download the Twitch PS4 app
For the PlayStation 4, users may need to download an official Twitch app. This application is quite different from those designed for PCs and mobile devices. The Twitch app for PS4 can be installed using several methods.
- In the first method, players can visit the official PlayStation Store website.
- Log in to the PlayStation account using the login credentials already created.
- You can then purchase the app for free.
- Once purchased, it will automatically be added to your PlayStation 4.
- When you turn on your console the next time, the application will start downloading to the console.
- The alternative method is to download the PS4 Twitch app from the store.
- First, open the store from your PlayStation 4.
- You need to explore the Twitch app using the search box.
- Press the Install button to the right of the product list.
Connect your PS4 and Twitch accounts
Make sure the video game broadcast is sent to the specific Twitch account from the PlayStation 4 console. To do this, you need to connect your PS and Twitch accounts. Once you have connected them for the first time, you no longer need to do so unless and until you change your accounts or consoles.
- First, press the Share button on the PlayStation controller.
- You can find this button at the top left of the controller.
- Choose the ‘Broadcast Gameplay’ option and select the ‘Twitch’ option.
- You must press the “Connect” button.
- The PS4 console displays an exceptional series of numbers.
- From your computer, go to the special Twitch page from your web browser and type in the code as it is displayed on the TV screen.
- On your PS4 console, you can find a new option.
- Press the OK button. PS4 and the Twitch account will be successfully linked.
How to stream on Twitch from PlayStation 4?
After successfully connecting your Twitch and PS4 accounts, you can start streaming Twitch for the first time. To stream on Twitch from PS4, just follow the steps below:
- Press the Share button on the PlayStation 4 controller.
- Choose the Twitch option from the on-screen menu.
- On the next screen you will find a button that says “Start broadcast”.
- You can check different boxes on this screen to use the video recording, microphone and streaming options.
- Type your name in the Title field. In the Quality field, choose the resolution of the image you want to define for your video.
- After making all the necessary settings, tap the Start Broadcast option.
- To stop Twitch Stream, click the Share button on your PS controller.
- That’s all! It’s the easy process for streaming to the Twitch video streaming platform from the PlayStation 4 console.
That’s all! This detailed guide allows you to stream Twitch continuously from the PlayStation 4 game console. For more doubts and questions, just ask us through the comments section.