The Xbox 360 was the video game console developed by Microsoft to give succession to the original Xbox, another console that competed with Sony’s PlayStation 2.
Thus, the Xbox 360 managed to establish itself as one of the best video game platforms in history, earning the respect and admiration of millions of players around the world.
This special affection that exists on the part of the video game community towards the Xbox 360 resides in its wide and attractive catalog of video games, which to this day, many remain excellent alternatives to enjoy hours and hours of fun.
That said, there are many people who do not have an Xbox 360 and still are interested in being able to enjoy all their games from a PC.
Fortunately, this is now possible thanks to the work of teams of amateur developers who have created Xbox 360 emulators for PC, which are available on the web for free.
If you want to take a look at which are the best Xbox 360 and original Xbox emulators for PC, in this post we are going to take a look at them and explain how to download them for free.
Xbox 360 emulators for PC
Below we review the best alternatives you can choose if you want to enjoy the Xbox 360 catalog from your desktop computer.
Xenia is recognized by many as the most complete and stable Xbox 360 emulator for Computers with Windows operating system.
In this sense, Xenia receives updates quite regularly and is capable of emulating Xbox 360 games in different formats such as .ISO, .XEX and .XCP.
It must also be said that on the website of its creators there is a compatibility list that indicates which games can be launched from the emulator, which, in addition, is increasing with each update.
To use this emulator you need an Intel Core i3 processor or higher, as well as a video card with at least 1 GB of memory and a version of Windows 8 or higher.
How do you install?
- From your browser, access the official Xenia website.
- Next, go to the download option located in the bar on the left of the screen. There, click on the Download option, choosing the option ” Windows 8+ 64 “.
- Once this is done, it will start the download of the emulator, which is named xenia-master.zip.
- Wait until the download is finished and unzip the file on your desktop or in the folder of your choice.
- Among the files that will emerge from the decompression, you will see the emulator executable, which is called exe. Double-click on it and proceed to follow the steps to install it.
VR Xbox 360 Emulator
Although it is not as popular as Xenia, this is another of the few alternatives to free Xbox 360 emulators that we can currently find. VR Xbox 360 PC Emulator is characterized by running games on this platform on a PC at 30 frames per second and having an option to support DirectX 9 and 11.
Also, despite not being compatible with a large number of Xbox 360 games The truth is that its developers have made sure that VR Xbox 360 PC Emulator is capable of running the most iconic games of this Microsoft console.
Regarding the requirements requested by this free Xbox 360 emulator for PC, it is necessary to have a Core 2 Duo processor or higher, 2 GB of RAM or more, a DirectX 9 compatible GPU and a version of Windows XP operating system. or later.
How do you install?
- The installation of VR Xbox 360 PC Emulator is very similar to any other emulator. In this sense, it is enough to access the website of its developers through the download page of VR Xbox 360 PC Emulator.
- Then, you must scroll through the site until you get the option to Download or Download VR Xbox 360 PC Emulator.
- Clicking on this button will start the automatic download of the emulator.
- Once the file is downloaded, all you have to do is locate it in the downloads folder and run it to complete the VR Xbox 360 PC Emulator installation process.
Classic Xbox emulators for PC
Despite the fact that the emulators for Xbox 360 are few and have significant limitations to enjoy many games, it is always possible to go through the excellent catalog of the classic Xbox through emulators for PC.
The advantage of this is that being an older console, the developers have managed to emulate this game console with greater stability and also achieved a higher compatibility index between their games and the emulation on PC. Therefore, below we show you the best options for which you can choose:
If Xenia is the best Xbox 360 emulator for PC, there is no doubt that DxBx is the best option to choose if you want to enjoy the original Xbox catalog with a free emulator on your computer.
DxBx has enviable stability that allows you to run the vast majority of games on this console without major complications. In addition, it is compatible with low-end computers, which is a great advantage for many people.
To install DxBx and get the most out of it, it is necessary to have a Dual-Core processor or higher, a video card with 1 GB of memory or more, DirectX 8 and an operating system version higher than Windows XP.
How do you install?
- Like Xenia, you can download DxBx from its official site for free.
- Once there, go to the download section on the top panel of the platform.
- Then choose the latest version of the emulator and wait for the download to start.
- Once the installer download is finished, double click on it and follow the typical installation protocol to have this emulator operating on your computer.
Xeon is an emulator developed as free software to emulate Xbox games on PC. Like DxBx, this emulator is lightweight and optimized to run on low and mid-range computers.
Xeon is compatible with the vast majority of games released for Xbox and offers multiple customization options to improve the gaming experience of its users.
The recommended requirements to use this emulator consist of having a Pentium 4 or higher processor, a RAM memory card of at least 1 GB and a Windows XP or newer operating system.
How do you install?
- Download Xenon from this website.
- While there, go to the Download or Download section and press the corresponding button to start the download of the installer of this emulator, which weighs less than 1 MB.
- Once the file is downloaded, run the installer and follow the corresponding procedure to install the emulator. This procedure is simple and follows the typical steps of OK> Next> Next.
- Once this is done, you can double-click on the game’s shortcut and start running your Xbox games.
Xbox 360 emulators for Android
If, in addition to emulating Xbox 360 games on PC, you also want to enjoy them on an Android device, you should know that many of the mobile phones are not optimized to be able to run the video games on this console.
However, there is an emulator that has managed to stand out and gain a place among Android computer users for offering a more than interesting emulation experience for the Xbox 360. This emulator is known as the Xbox360 Emulator Project and we will talk about it below.
Xbox360 Emulator Project
Xbox360 Emulator Project is an emulator that weighs only 11 MB and has been released for Android devices by a small team of programmers.
If your device has the minimum requirements to run games on this emulator, you can enjoy a limited but generous catalog of Xbox 360 games. Despite having many details that could be improved, this is the best option that exists today in day to emulate Xbox 360 games on an Android phone.
You can download the Xbox360 Emulator Project APK for free. And to be able to use it, it is necessary to have an Android version higher than 4.1, as well as a RAM memory of 1 GB or more.
Download Xbox 360 ISOS
If you have already downloaded the emulator with which you want to start enjoying Xbox 360 games on your PC, now is the time to download the ISOS of those games that interest you.
To do this, there are many pages on the internet that allow you to download almost all the games on this platform (and also on the classic Xbox) completely free of charge.
Some of these pages are the ones that we list below:
Regardless of which option you choose, the procedure to download the ISO you want to play on your Xbox 360 emulator for PC is the same:
- Find or choose the game you want to download.
- Doing so will open a tab with all the information about the game, its weight and the available download servers.
- Choose the server of your preference.
- Follow the steps indicated by the site to access the direct download link and start downloading the file.
- Each Xbox 360 ISO usually weighs between 4 and 8 GB, although in compressed versions it may be a little less, so you will have to wait until the download is complete.
- Once the ISO is downloaded, you can now search for it from your emulator and start running it.