How to track a lost iPhone? This might be what appears when you are quite panicked about losing your favorite iPhone. Be careful, don’t panic and don’t focus on finding a solution on how to find your favorite cellphone.
Don’t worry, there’s no need to panic, because here we will discuss how to find a lost iPhone online or offline. You can also track a lost iPhone using or without an application.
3 Ways to Track a Lost iPhone (Definitely Successful!)
As a human being who is faced with various things and situations every day, don’t let an unfortunate incident such as losing your cellphone come to you and you can’t handle it. Therefore, follow the steps below so you know how to track a lost iPhone.
Using the Find My Phone application is the easiest way to track a lost iPhone. However, to use this application you have to look for a device with an operating system (OS) too.
- Open the Find My Phone application on another iPhone
- Sign in using your Apple ID. Use the Apple ID and password used on your lost iPhone. If you use an application on someone else’s iPhone, don’t forget to sign out the iPhone owner’s Apple ID.
- Select the detected iPhone device. The location of the lost cellphone will be tracked and displayed on the map. However, if your cellphone runs out of battery or dies, the application will show you the last known location.
- Click the “action” button
- There will be 3 modes displayed, “play sound” which makes the lost iPhone cell phone sound for a certain amount of time. “lost mode” will be useful if the lost iPhone is in a place where other people can easily find it. Finally, “erase iPhone” which will immediately delete all data on the lost iPhone.
How to Track a Lost iPhone Without an Application
Apart from using another cellphone via the Find My Phone application, you can also track a lost iPhone using another device via a website or the internet.
- Login to https://icloud.com/find and log in with your Apple ID
- After logging in, the last location of the lost iPhone will be visible. This method is quite effective in how to track a lost iPhone when you can’t find any other iPhone devices around you, so you can use another operating system device.
- There will be 3 options available, the same as tracking a lost iPhone via the Find My Phone application, namely “play sound”, “lost mode” and “erase iPhone”.
How to Track a Lost iPhone When It’s Offline or Completely Dead
What if the lost iPhone is offline or completely dead? Calm down, don’t panic! This trick can also be used to track a lost iPhone.
- Go to the iCloud website and log in with your Apple ID.
- There will be a Find My Phone feature that shows whether your lost iPhone is offline or not. If yes, then the lost iPhone is completely dead.
- Try tracking the lost iPhone, can it be tracked? Of course you can’t, what you can do is wait until the lost iPhone comes back online.
- Activate the command to send notifications to email if the lost iPhone can be tracked.
- You will receive an email notification complete with the location and condition of the lost iPhone.
- However, this method can never be used if the lost iPhone is completely dead and has never been activated.
Keep your iPhone safe
Even though the method above for tracking a lost iPhone is easy to do, as a user, avoid losing it as much as possible. Put your cellphone in a safe place, especially for those who frequently travel by public transportation and move from place to place every day.
However, if one day your favorite iPhone cellphone is lost, then you can use these tips and tricks on how to track a lost iPhone cellphone so that your beloved cellphone can be returned to your hands immediately.